Shard 31

It was Friday before I knew it. What a drag, it's the dude's birthday. "Shina! Let's go before Kaito finds out" Yuu called. "Sure" I replied as I quickly packed up. Why am I even part of this stupid plan? I don't even care for this dude's birthday first of all.

Yuu and I quickly ran away from Kaito's classroom as fast as we could.  We then headed towards the supermarket to buy some birthday materials. After shopping, we headed over to Yuu's place. 

I was afraid of meeting his mom again. I mean like, she looks nothing like Yuu. Yuu went inside first and then called me in. I bowed quickly when I met his mom. "S-Sorry for the intrusion" I greeted.

We brought out our supplies and started getting ready. "I hope Kaito like the strawberry cake we bought" Yuu said. "He did love strawberries when he was small. I hope his taste buds didn't change over these past years." 

"Strawberries? He likes strawberries?" I asked. "Yeah, he likes anything that was made from it" Yuu replied.

When we were done decorating Yuu's kitchen, it's time to get the guest of honor to arrive. "Alright, I just called Kamizaki-san and she told us Kaito's phone number" Yuu said as he handed me a slip of paper. "You should call, Shina" Yuu suggested. "Eh? Why me?" I asked. "I'm pretty sure he will listen to you. Just call him" Yuu insisted.

I grabbed my phone and typed in the number on the paper. Why am I doing this? Why am I calling Kaito on my phone? Oh well, I'll block him later.

"Hello" Kaito said as he picked up. "K-Kaito, listen. Can you come over to Yuu's place right now?" I asked. "Yuu's place? What are you doing over there?" Kaito asked. "JUST COME!!" I shouted at him. "Sure" Kaito replied as he hanged up. I can't believe we are like this even though we contacted through the other side of the screen!

Kaito ranged the door bell a minute later. "He's fast" I commented. Yuu gave me the secret signal. I nodded.  Yuu got up and opened the door. As soon as he reached the Kitchen. 

"H-Happy Birthday!" I shouted. Kaito looked at me. I stood there, sweating. How embarrassing! Kaito pulled out his phone and took a picture.  

A minute later, "Mom, look there's a free phone on the street!" this kid called from outside.

Author's Note:

When you throw a phone out the window. Yeah, Shina did it. Don't follow her, kids. Phones don't come cheap. Unless someone took an incredibly embarrassing photo of you, please feel free to open the window.