Shard 42

I ran around to find the nearest playground possible. He has to be there! He has to!

Once I found one, I was out of breath. There was Yuu right there, sitting on the swing. He looked at me. "S-Shina" Yuu said. "Hide and seek is over, Yuu! I found you" I wheezed. Yuu smiled. "How did you know I was here?" Yuu asked. "I dunno, a memory just flashed up, that's all" I replied. 

"I'm sorry for yesterday!" we apologized said at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed. "I'm sorry for making you scare like that Shina" Yuu apologized. "I'm sorry for keeping secrets from you" I apologized. "So are you and Kaito really going out?" Yuu asked.

I looked at him and nodded slowly. "Ah, I see. Sorry for asking you out without knowing" Yuu apologized again. "You shouldn't! I'm the one that should be sorry! A broken heart is very hard to fix!" I shouted. Yuu looked at me. "I think I know just why I fell for you, Shina. You're a very surprising  women. No wonder Kaito went after you. You are a very interesting girl" Yuu said. My face blushed. 

"I'm not mad at anything. I think it's about time we break our promise. It doesn't look like it's possible anymore" Yuu said. I was shocked, but at the same time, I knew it was true. "Okay" I replied. "And with this pinkie promise, I give up on loving you" Yuu said as he reached out his pinkie. I reached out mine's and we did our promise. I could see Yuu getting teary. 

"I'm sorry" I apologized again. "In the end I was the one who broke the promise." I looked at Yuu. His eyes were getting puffy. Tears were slowly gliding down his cheek. "Yuu......" I said as I hugged him. "S-Shina" Yuu said. "It's okay. I won't look at your crying face" I added. We stood there hugging for a while. What am I doing? Why am I hugging a dude? Why do I feel guilty? Why is it so cold?   

Then some adults passed by and one of them took a picture. I snapped. I released Yuu from the hug and said, "Let's go home, Yuu."

Author's Note:

Ah, a broken promise. Yuu has dropped out completely. I'm sorry for those that are on the Yuu team! Sad! Anyone thought of Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 when Shina said, "Let's go home, Yuu?" That anime ending was sad! I'm ready for season 3! I am really getting off track.