Shard 46

Before we knew it, it was December 19th, the day before the trip. School is already off for break. I was walking to the grocery store to buy some things. On my way there, I collided with Kaito, like always. And somehow we ended up going to the store together.

"Welcome!" Yuu greeted us from behind the counter. "Yuu! You're working today?" I asked. "Yeah, but don't worry I'm definitely free tomorrow!" Yuu replied. Kaito wrapped his had around my shoulders. "Tsk, Your hands are cold, get off!" I complained. "Don't wanna. Your my only heat source so warm my hands for me" Kaito whispered in my ear as he leaned down. My face turned red. I smacked his hands off anyways.

When we were done shopping, we checked out. Pretty soon, we left the store. As soon as we stepped out, it started to snow. "Ah, it's snowing!" I exclaimed. "Ah, it's getting cold" Kaito complained. I looked at him and sighed. We started walking.

All of a sudden Kaito grabbed my hand. "What are you doing?" I asked. "My hands are cold" Kaito replied. "You have pockets for a reason, dumb ass!" I shouted. "But your heat source is better" Kaito added. I blushed and looked away. Kaito sighed and leaned down to me and pressed his lips gently on right cheek. I backed away from him. This asshole!

When I entered my room, I started packing my bag for tomorrow. After all we are going for a 3-day trip. The sad thing was that, when I finished packing I fell asleep. I didn't eat any dinner! Which means, I didn't eat Maruchan!

"Are you awake?" this doctor asked me. I sat up. "Don't move yet. You're injured badly."

"Where am I?" I asked. "You're at the hospital in the Emergency Room" the doctor replied. "You got injured in a serious car accident. Do you remember your name or any relatives?"

"Name? I don't remember" I replied. "Doctor, an elder claims that that's her granddaughter" a nurse interrupted. "Bring her in" the doctor ordered.

An old lady entered the room. "Shina! Shina!!" the old lady exclaimed. The doctor got up and talked to the old lady. All of a sudden she looked shocked and tears began to fall down her cheeks. She walked over here to me and rest her hand on my head. "Your name is Shina Makato" she said. "I'm your grandma."

"Grandma? Shina?" I said as I got confused.

I woke up due to the sun's light reflecting on my face. That dream, was another memory piece. Where are my parents? I look at the alarm clock, 8:44 a.m. "I was suppose to be at the bus station at 9 right?" I asked myself. Just kill me already!!

Author's Note:

When you sleep past your alarm. It did ring in all, but she just hit the snooze button every single time. She only wakes up on time on unimportant days, but never on time on days when she needs to. Sounds a lot like me.