Shard 25

I took my night stroll back to the apartment building. That's when I realized, I needed to apologize to Yuu for what I did. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. 

As soon as I got back to my room, I headed for Kaito's room to retrieve my ramen. I gently knocked on the door. "Come on in, Shina" Kaito called. I opened the door in an instant. "H-How did you know it was me?!" I asked as I pointed at him. 

"My senses are quite sharp when it comes to things I like" Kaito replied as he put down his manga. My face went red. "I-I came to get my ramen" I said. "Ramen? Oh, I think I packed that away....check the counter" Kaito replied as he pointed towards the kitchen. 

I walked over there and bend down and saw a cute pink bento (ben~tow) box. Above it, sat my ramen. But I was too focused on that item instead of my ramen.

Who's? No it can't be Kaito's. Who's then? Maybe it's.........Yuki's. After all they are ex's. But what's it doing here? 

Then all of a sudden, Kaito grabbed that bento out of my sight. I looked at him. "Your ramen is there. Now grab it and leave" Kaito said as he throw the bento in the trash. "Why the hell did you do that?! It could be re-used!" I cried. "It has nothing to do with you!" Kaito shouted back. 

I backed off. For the first time, Kaito looked pissed. "Just leave" Kaito said as he walked away. Oh hell no, I ain't gonna stand there and see you waste something recyclable!  

"I've been wondering this for a while now. Let me just ask. Did you guys even "do" it? Did that bento box belong to her?I-Is Yuki still important to you?" I asked as I grabbed my ramen. Kaito turned around and looked at me. He started to walk towards me.

"Is that what you really want to know?" Kaito asked. I looked at him. "What if I said yes, how would you react?" Kaito continued as he closed in on me. 

What is he doing? Is he actually a real sadist? Why does he sound so serious all of a sudden?

"Just kidding" Kaito said at last. "Yuki isn't anyone important to me. That bento box belonged to my little sister. And we never did it."

I looked at him and said, "You big fat liar!"

Author's Note:

Sad when people lie, huh? Is that why breakups always seem to happen quickly in relationships? That's why Kaito never got anyone stable. (^v^)