Shard 52

"I'm her boyfriend" Kaito replied. "Oh my, she did something to get your attention, didn't she?" Mashiro continued. Kaito nodded. "She's always like that isn't she? She has an unexpected personality and that's what makes things worse" Mashiro added. "I guess you can say that again" Yuki agreed. "I'm so glad that she was able to make friends and even got a boyfriend" Mashiro said. 

All of a sudden my head started hurting. I lowered me head with my hands clawed onto it. The doctor got up out of his seat. "That's the phantom pain! The after effect of the memory cleansing!" the doctor shouted. "Oi, aren't you going to help her?!" Yuu cried. "Oh yeah."

My head hurts! It feels like there's something living in there! I see the black tentacles again. They reached up and started to grab onto me. Then they pulled me into the darkness once more.

I woke up, with sweat all over my forehead. It was night already. The moon's light came in through the window and onto the white hospital sheets. I sat up and realized that there was some pipes stuck onto my forearm. I pulled them out and throw them on the ground. I looked around in this complete darkness. I sighed.

All of a sudden, someone came through the window. I looked over there. Someone began walking towards me. "W-Who are you?" I asked. Kaito began to chuckle. "Who am I? Are you really asking a stupid question like that?" Kaito said as he bend down next to me. I looked at him. "I've been holding in the pain all this time, but I can't hold back anymore. I need the old you back" Kaito added as he leaned down towards my lips. I pushed him away.

Kaito looked at me and smiled. "That's exactly what you used to do" Kaito commented. "Huh? It was the only natural thing to do!" I replied. "You haven't ate anything right? I thought you will enjoy some instant ramen like you used to do" Kaito said as he walked to the cooking area of the room. "R-Ramen?" I said. Kaito laughed. "Your old self will hate me if I said this, but I'm saying this anyway. It's extra sodium cups" Kaito replied as he put the kettle on the stove. I looked at him as I got confused. Extra sodium cups?

Then he served me the boiling hot ramen. I looked at it and stirred it with the chopsticks. "Thanks for the meal" I said as I began digging in. "Oh, it doesn't taste that bad."

"That's something your old self would say" Kaito added. "W-What kind of person was my past self?" I asked.