Jai - Sadly, cute

"(Y/N), what do you want to watch?" My best friend Jai asked.

Hell, I didn't even hear him walk into my apartment. I had just gotten off the phone with my boy-now ex-boyfriend Jeff, and he admitted to me that he cheated on me again. 

"Hang on, I'll be down in a bit!" I shouted, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I was a mess, my hair was ratted, my face pale, my eyes red and glazed over from tears, one eye with light, purple ring wrapping itself around my eyes.

I know what you're thinking, why don't you just leave him? I can't. I've tried. Several times to leave him, but he always comes to get me back, always hurts me, not only emotionally, but physically too. I wiped the tears from my faces, than grabbing my foundation and dabbing over the bruise to hide any evidence of physical abuse. Afterward I brushed my hair, making myself presentable.

I straightened my clothes, than walked out of the bathroom, trying not to show how bad my leg actually hurt. I gritted my teeth together from the unbearable pain.

Walking into my living-room, I see Jai just sitting there. I can't help, but be jealous. I've always envied him for being so free and careless. He does everything without thinking, just to have fun, to live life to the fullest. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be with him, but I know that will never happen. Jai's to good. For me, this thing with Jeff is to much for anybody, but Jai..I can't ever let him know about what really goes in between me and Jeff. Never.

It would hurt him knowing that his best friend gets beat by someone he trusts everyday, but I don't know how I can keep up with this anymore. Jai looks up at me from his phone and smiles at me, I try to smile back, but it comes out more as a grimace, but I don't think he noticed. Nobody ever does. Nor will they.

He pats the seat next to him, inviting me over to sit with him. I hesitate for a second before just walking over to him to sit down. "What's up, buttercup?" Jai asks, before winking at me.

I laugh a little before saying, "Nothing, just tired, how about you, sugarplum?"

He glares at me, trying to hide his smile. "Nothing, really. Just the videos for our fans. We just did the knock knock one on random strangers doors. James got threatened!"

"Yeah, I saw. I try to watch when I can." I sigh, smiling a bit. I look at the T.V only to see previews. I frowned, looking over at Jai, "What are we watching?"

"Twenty-one Jump Street." He smirked, I laughed, throwing my head back.

"Again?"

"Hey! It's hilarious and I thought you'd love it. Don't all girls love Channing Tatum?" He asked, looking slightly confused.

"Not all, but he isn't too bad for eyes. I don't really go for guys like him." I shrugged, Channing really wasn't my type, I mean yeah, he's obviously really hot, but not my type.

"Ah, right. Jeff would be your type, correct?" He stated in a questioning tone.

"Uh, sure." I nodded, looking over to see the time on my little radio. Jai grabbed my wrist and brought his other hand up to my face, I tried not to flinch. I tried so hard, but yet I still flinched. Jai dropped his hand and when I looked at him, he was staring at me with his jaw clenched and hands in fists.

"What happened?" He hissed, not looking at me, but passed me.

"I fell." I lied, not looking him in the eye. He gripped my chin, turning my face towards his.

"Don't do that. Don't think I don't notice when you grimace or flinch or limp! I pretend not to notice, hoping that you'd tell me! Dammit, (Y/N) I care about you!" He yelled, jumping up from the couch, wrapping his arms around his neck and scratching himself out of frustration.

"P-Please, Jai. Don't be mad at me, please. You're the only one who keeps me sane, I can't have you mad at me." I cried, burying my face in my hands.

Jai crouched down in front of me, laying his hands on my knees, he reached up to grab my wrists and pulled them from my face. He didn't say anything for a while before he whispered, "I'm not mad. Not at you at least. At myself and Jeff, that's who I'm mad at. Myself because I wasn't here to protect you and Jeff because that fucking c*nt hurt you."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just didn't want you blaming yourself like I knew you would. Jai, I'm so sorry." I sobbed, he cupped my face and leaned in to kiss me. I kissed him back. It felt amazing, I felt everything I ever read about in those love stories, that I always thought were fictional. I pulled back from him, smiling. Just than my phone started ringing, we both looked at the screen to see Jeff calling, Jai grabbed it and answered it, putting it on speaker. "Hey, babe."

"Don't babe her." Jai growled

"Dude, what's your problem?" Jeff asked, his voice sort of muffled

"She not your girlfriend anymore she's mine. You'll never hurt her anymore." Jai hissed. He looked at me and smiled, reaching over to hold my hand.

"What the hell? She is mine. She loves me!" Jeff yelled

"That's funny because she's been screaming about how much she loves me?" Jai said innocently, than hung up.

He looked at me smiling before kissing me, "I do love you."

"I love you too, Jai."