Chapter 27

May 2017 (present day)~

Gen's POV~

Harry and I stood in the hallway for what seemed like hours. It was the closest I've been with someone in years. I mean sure I've had my fair share of flings or one night stands but this was so different.

He makes me feel human again.

There is only one other person who can make me fee like that.

Is this professional? No..... But this isn't a traditional clinic is it? I mean my co-worker Kendall sees therapy as booty calls. She figures she can just fuck the problems out of them.

But not Harry.

He's doing well but I know it's the calm before the storm. I know that soon he will lash out, he'll feel like a failure. He'll crave the very substance that brought him here in the first place. He'll hate me, he'll cry... He'll feel so many emotions at once it will be overwhelming.

Not right now though. Right now I will hold him, comfort him. Make him know that everything's going to be alright.

We bid farewell and I punched in my code to my door. I slept restless all night, the thought the leaving him always at the forefront of my mind but I had responsibilities at home to take care of.

I just hope he will be ok.

**

The next day~

Harry's POV~

I feel defeated. 

I don't know if it's Gen's absence, I don't know if it's the fact that I haven't touched any alcohol or drugs in a few days but I feel like a complete failure. I want a drink.

I want to feel the burn so fucking bad.

For me I knew I wasn't a drug addict per say, it just came along with the drinking... But what I want, what I crave. What I NEED.....

Alcohol.

A nice blowjob wouldn't hurt either.

I tried to think about anyone else, I tried to dream of Carolina.

But Carolina didn't have blue eyes like my dream.

I woke up to the foreign smell of coffee, there was a large Starbucks cup on the table next to my bed along with a note.

Harry~
             I imagine you will wake up feeling pretty shitty today, I know it's against the rules but a little coffee never hurt anyone. Here are some advil too if you need them. I know you may feel helpless, the cravings have probably started by now. Just know that you are strong Harry, you've survived something I've seen destroy others. Please if you need anything give me a call, even if you just need to talk. My co-worker will probably check in on you sometime today, you can just pretend you're asleep if you like. She's pretty annoying in my opinion.

                         ~Gen
P.S~ Let me know if you want to work out on nights that I'm off, I just live 5 minutes away.
P.S.S~ Please make sure to drink a lot of water and eat Harry.

The thought of last night brought a smile to my face, what Gen hadn't realized was that I pulled her down on top of me purposely. I just didn't expect her to land the way she did but I'm not complaining.

She did things to me... Things no one has ever done to me.

Not even Carolina.

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to feel this way about your therapist. I needed to clear my head, to distance myself.

That's why I decided that I would not bother Gen on her days off.

**

The following day~

Gen's POV~

It's been 48 hours since I said goodbye to Harry, I haven't heard from him since which concerns me. I could see by his door log that no one has come or gone aside from his meal delivery in the morning. I wanted to call him, make sure he was ok. But at the same time I want him to be independent, not to use me as a coping mechanism.

Don't get me wrong, I love being home. I missed my family and my bed so much. I just couldn't help but feel like Harry was shutting me out for a reason and that really worried me.

After a long day of errands and activities it was nearing 12am when I finally laid down to sleep. Suddenly my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I whisper and try not to disturb the sleeping form next to me as I climb out of bed.

"Gen?" Harry's voice sounded through the phone, it was hoarse and sounded like he had been crying.

"Harry what's wrong?" I ask walking into the kitchen and leaning against the island.

"I don't know I'm so confused....... I don't feel well." He mumbles.

"Have you been eating and drinking?"

"I-i don't remember, I've been asleep on and off since yesterday." He admits, knowing what's going on I grab my emergency bag, some leftover pizza and my shoes before jotting down a quick note and leaving the house.

"What are you feeling Harry?" I ask calmly as my bluetooth comes on in the car.

"I feel hot but cold, weak but restless. And my head is fucking killing me." Harry rasps.

"I need you to try to remember the last time you ate or drink." He's probably dehydrated.

"I can't remember anything after drinking the coffee and reading your note yesterday morning." He stammered.

"Ok, what are you doing right now?" I ask as I pull into the parking lot then I jump out, grab my stuff and start for my wing.

"Laying down. There's a bunch of food on the tray but I don't remember anyone bringing it in. Can you come Gen, I'm really sorry to ask but I-"

"I'm already here Harry."