Chapter 99

August 2017~
Harry's POV~

When I decided to play a song instead of delivering the eulogy I was torn. Hallelujah or Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, both classics. Both my father loved.

But only one felt right, especially for this point in my life.

As I sang I look at Gen sitting there, holding hands with not only Gemma.

But my mother as well.

She's what my family needed, she's the glue to my seams and I'm the fabric that holds us all together.

Tears are streaming down my face as I strum the last few chords. I felt so bare and vulnerable to everyone in the room, it was all too overwhelming and I needed to catch my breath. After finishing the song I walk out the side of the chapel to the confession booths.

There are hooks where Robin would hang his coat or scarf while he would be in the confessionals, something silver and shiny caught my eye.

My necklace.

"I had it fixed."

"Why would you do that Robin?" I ask as he walks up besides me.

"Because I knew that wasn't you. I knew that in time you would find yourself and come back here." Robin says with a smile.

"I'm not the man I was before that night. I've sinned, you have no clue the things I've done."

"I don't need to, God already knows and that's enough for me. He's already rewarded you for all your hardships can't you see that son? Gen is truly a gift for not only you but the entire family because she helped bring you back to us. Now I'm not asking you to come to church regularly, I'm not asking you to do anything you do not want to do. All I want is for you to accept the past and embrace your future." Robin explains and I nod showing I understand. "You're in love with her aren't you?" He asks.

"I think I fell in love with her the first time I looked into her eyes. She's my person, she's the only one who could possibly begin to understand what I've been through. Gen is so strong and kind and-"

"She's right behind you son." Robin whispers and my eyes grow wide. "I'll finish up the service then we'll walk over to the cemetery in 10 minutes." He informs me and I nod softly before he walks away.

"Hey, you ok?" Gen whispers as she wraps her arms around me from behind. I grab her arm and pull her into the confessional booth with me before pinning her against the door and crashing my lips down on hers. 

"How much of that did you hear?" I ask after pulling away.

"I didn't hear anything, you were speaking too quietly. Why?" She asks with her eyes wide telling me she's being truthful.

"No reason." I reply before reattaching our lips kissing her passionately as I press my body against hers. Gen's fingers tangle in my hair as our tongues swirl together while I run my hand down her left thigh and pull her knee to my waist allowing our bodies more access to each other.

"Harry." She breathes out as she breaks away. Her pale blue eyes search mine as she bites her lip nervously. "I'm falling for you, so fucking hard it's scary but I don't want to stop. I know it's early and I know you may not feel the same way right now and that's ok. I just want you to know how I feel." She whispers.

What did I do?

I froze.