Chapter 65

May 2010~
Gen's POV~

"You're what?"

"I'm pregnant." I reply softly, unsure of his reaction.

"That's great baby!" Niall exclaims and kisses me but I couldn't help but feel that his reaction was forced.

**
July 2017~

"Excuse me?"

"I was talking to my daughter Harry." I inform him.

"You have a daughter." He repeats my words to himself and shakes his head as he sits down. "And you couldn't tell me?" He asks.

"No, our contracts have strict rules to protect our loved ones just in case. There is information that I cannot tell you until you are no longer my patient."

"But I'm not your normal patient now am I?" Harry snaps.

"No, you aren't." I state softly as I approach him until I'm between his legs. My hand goes to his jaw and he doesn't turn away from my touch but he also doesn't look me in the eyes. "You're so much more to my Harry." I run my hand down his chest and place it over his heart. "I know you know it in here." I whisper as his eyes finally look at mine. They are back to his normal jade green.

His lips part and I can tell he wants to say something but he shakes the thought away. "So there's no one else?" He asks uncertainly.

My hands go back to his jaw and look deep into his eyes. "There hasn't been anyone else in a long time." I assure him before biting my lip. "And there will never be anyone else Harry. I've never been able to be myself like I am around you and now you know me, I'm for your eyes only." I whisper lovingly.

Harry stands to his full height, cups my jaw and looks down on me. "I'm so so sorry Gen, I shouldn't of said any of those things." He whispers, a tear streaming from his eye.

"I'm so sorry I had to keep it from you Harry." I sniffle but soon feel warm lips on my own.

He wasn't mad,
He doesn't hate me.

Our lips mold together but neither of us deepen it, it's as if they were doing their own mending after the words that have been exchanged today.

"I need to go wash my face." I whisper pulling away from him. He nods and gives me a soft smile before I escape into the bathroom.

Holy shit.

**

September 2010~

"Congrats Mr and Mrs Horan, it's a girl!"

"What? Are you positive?" Niall asked as he inspected the ultrasound screen.

"Niall it's our baby girl." I cooed with tears in my eyes.

"Yep... It sure is." Niall replied tight lipped.

**

After splashing some water on my face I felt a bit better.

I felt relieved.

He now knows about my daughter and he isn't running for the hills.

My hair feels like a heating blanket on my hot neck so I pull it up before heading back into our room, Harry had picked up the bags he dropped and was sitting on the couch with them in front of him on the table. He looks up, smiles and pats his lap, beckoning me to sit with him.

The moment I'm within reach he grabs me and pulls me onto his lap. "I feel so bad baby." He coos against my neck.

"It's ok Harry, I would of reacted the same way." I assure him.

"So you're a mom?" He mumbles and I nod.

"If it's a hard limit for you I completely underst-"

"Shh, I think it's amazing." He assures me with a smile. "But you're away from her so much." He adds sadly.

"My mom was injured on the job and can no longer work so I had to take this job even though it would be giving up three days a week with her. Mom takes care of her when I'm not there and I'm able to support us all. This is why this new job is so important to me, I'll have more time for her." I explain.

"Can I meet her? I mean when I'm out of the program of course." He asks, his eyes gleaming with hope.

"Yes you can Harry, she'll love you."

"What can you tell me about her?" He asks curiously.

"She's amazing Harry, she's the very best part of me."

"I'll be she looks like you." Harry coos.

"She looks more like my mom oddly enough, Niall couldn't stand it. He accused me of cheating on him, not only was she a girl but she looked nothing like him. He enlisted right after she was born, it's like he couldn't stand being around her or something." I explain sadly.

"That's bullshit, even if that were the case you never treat a child let alone a baby like that...." Harry pauses, his eyes growing sad. "That's why I made the choices that I made." He adds sadly.

I turn in his lap so I'm straddling him and cup his jaw. "Harry, you will be an amazing father one day." I gush smiling widely.

"You really think so?" He whispers.

"I know so."

"What's her name?" Harry asks and I take a deep breath, I know I'm not supposed to tell him information about her but....

I love him.

"Ever."