Chapter 31

May 2017-

Gen's POV~

Harry held me until I stopped sobbing, here he is trying to get sober and he's comforting ME. That tells you what kind of man he is deep down. 

We have both lost so much, our spouses.
Our children.

That's what was different about us, we understood each other on a level that almost no one else can. That's what bonded us immediately.

It's like our souls knew each other's struggles.

Harry released his hold on me, leaned back brought his hand up to brush a tear from my cheek. Looking up at him, he was so beautiful. The way the moonlight dances across his face highlighting the track of the tears that had fallen from his eyes. It felt like time stood still, his jade eyes on my pale blues. In that moment I was so completely vulnerable.

It felt amazing.

Harry's fingers trail to the back of my neck as he leans towards me. Even if I wanted to I couldn't move. Why?

Because I want this.

His lips brush against mine gently as if he was asking for permission. I didn't push him away, I couldn't. I could not longer deny the attraction I had to him. Harry's lips press against mine a little more firmly before I return the kiss. Our lips mold together as my heart rate picks up and my stomach flutters.

No one has ever kissed me like this.

This wasn't a lustful kiss, this was not a kiss that would lead to more. As our lips work together, we were helping each other.

Healing each other.

It was an innocent kiss which knowing both of our pasts is saying something. It was a kiss that's simplicity meant so very much. 

Our lips break apart as we both catch our breath. Harry goes to reattach them but I press my forehead against his.

"Harry we can't." I whisper, I've crossed so many doctor patient lines since meeting him and while it's perfectly normal at this clinic ,that's not who I am.

"But there is something here, isn't there?" Harry asks with his voice full of hope.

"Yes, there is definitely something here." I assure him as I pull away and place my hand on his cheek. "You are such an amazing man Harry, you deserve to get better. You deserve to live a healthy life. At the end, if you're not sick of me-"

"I could never get sick of you Gen." He whispers and turns his head into my hand to kiss my palm.

"When you are done with the program, if whatever this is between us is still there..." I think for a moment, bringing my thumb across his plump pink bottom lip as I bite my own. "I'll let you take me out on a date." I suggest with hopeful eyes as I search his.

"Deal." He says with a big toothy smile. "But only if I get to kiss you one more time." He adds.

Please?

I nod my head softly and he crashes his lips against mine feverishly. My hands tangle in his long hair as his cup my face, he tilts his head and swipes his tongue along my bottom lip asking for access which I grant.

This kiss was a promise, a promise of what's to come.

And let me tell you, if it's anything like this kiss it's well worth the wait.