Chapter 46

June 2017~
Harry's POV~

The next morning I woke up feeling light kisses scattered from my collarbone to my neck. Gen squeals as I roll on top of her and look down on her adoringly. She brushes the hair off my forehead before trailing her fingertips across my stubbly chin. Gen looks so beautiful, especially in the morning. It's like her freckles were brighter, her smile wider. Such a pretty face, on a pretty neck.  Gazing down into her blue eyes I found myself trying to form words.

"Gen I'm fall-"

I'm falling in love with you.

"What did you say Harry?" She says furrowing her brows and I shake my head.

I'm not ready to tell her.

"I'm falling!" I recover and let my head fall into her chest.

"Harry!! You goofball." Gen chuckles.

"You love it." I retort looking up at her and smirking.

Shit.

She beams at me with a wide smile. "I do."

Does she really?

"But I really have to pee right now!" She says awkwardly as I chuckle at her and roll off of her. She crawls out of bed and walks towards the bathroom. "Stop staring at my ass and go get dressed Harry, we're supposed to be at the hospital in 30 minutes." She shouts as she walks away.

"But your ass is so good I forget my name."

"Nice try loverboy."Gen yells.

"I'm not a boy, I'm a man!! The manliest of men!"

Gen peaks from the bathroom. "Go tell that to your scented candle collection." She says smirking.

"Ugh my ego!! You should come stroke it or something."

"Nah your ego is big enough Styles, now go get dressed before I put you in a tracksuit." She yells.

"Fine, meet me in the hallway."

**

Gen's POV~

I was worried about Harry, he's been so good staying sober. I just hope watching Louis die doesn't destroy him. Sighing and looking in the mirror I barely recognized myself.

I look happy, like genuinely happy.

My mom noticed a change in me so I told her about Harry, she didn't like the idea of me getting involved with a patient but I assured her that I knew what I was doing and then we weren't crossing too many lines.

Not until after he's out.

I decided to go a bit more casual today since we would most likely spend the day at the hospital. After pulling my hair up in a ponytail I slip into some jean shorts and lace up front bodysuit with a long shawl sweater and some converse.

I totally do not look like a psychologist right now. 

After grabbing my purse I head out the door, run up to the cafeteria to grab something and back to the hallway where Harry was waiting. He must of had the same thought I did, he was wearing a printed button up short sleeved shirt, his tight black jeans with holes in the knees and brown boots along with a hat.

Damn he looks good in hats.

My eyes meet Harry's jade ones and he has his lip pulled between his teeth looking at me.

And I need to change my kiwi and eat a panties.... Wait I mean change my panties and eat a kiwi.

"You look different Gen." Harry smirks. "A good different but definitely different."

"This is what I would normally wear on the weekends or something when I didn't have patients I had to worry about tempting."

"So what? You're not worried about tempting me?" Harry says shrugging.

"I already have." I answer with a smirk before heading to the back door.

"The exit is this way though?" Harry looks at me confused.

"I'm taking you out the back cause I don't need Tess gossiping about how casual we are together." I retort. "Tess I'm taking Mr Styles to the hospital to see Mr Tomlinson."

"Ok Dr Horan." Tess answers the intercom simply and I scan my keycard to open the door. Harry runs to open my car door like always before we head off to the hospital. 

The ride to the hospital was quiet, Harry kept bouncing his knee and running his hand through his hair. 

"How long do they think he has?" He asks quietly.

"Not long."  Harry sighs and I place my hand on his. "Just be there for him, listen to him. Don't get angry. Ok?" I try to reassure him, he nods sadly. After pulling into the parking lot I jump out of the car before Harry could come to my door. I grabbed a box from my backseat then Harry and I start for the door.

"What's in the box?" Harry asks.

"Cheese pizza and cookie dough." I answer hesitantly, Harry stops in his tracks and looks at me.

"His favorite foods." He whispers staring at the box and I nod softly. "You never cease to amazing me Gen." 

"Oh thank God you're here. Mr Tomlinson has asked to have his oxygen removed." Louis's doctor breathes out after running to us. Harry's eyes go wide as I process what he just said.

"But you said yesterday he had a few days-"

"I was wrong, he went into kidney failure early this morning. Go, spend time with him. Feed him pizza and all the junk food he could ever want because I'm afraid this time tomorrow he won't be with us anymore." His doctor says sadly, Harry grabs my arm and we jog down to Louis's room.

Louis was propped up, his body free from any wires and needs. "Hey you two made it." He says with a smile.

How can someone be so happy about dying?

"Is that pizza I smell?" Louis asks and I nod.

"I brought you some cookie dough too." I inform him and his eyes light up.

"You better marry this girl once you're out of rehab Harry! She's a gem." Louis gushes as he takes a slice of pizza.

We all grab a slice and eat as Harry and Louis chatter while I just observe.

"Haz, can you go grab me a pop?" Louis asks.

"Sure thing Tommo." Harry smiles and runs out.

"Have you told him yet?" Louis asks me.

"Not yet, he isn't ready."

"Good, I knew I could trust you to do the best thing for Harry." Louis says with a sad smile, tears form in my eyes as I look down. "You love him don't you?"

"Yes." I whisper.

"Does he know?"

"No, he can't. He needs to get sober completely. If I tell him this he will feel obligated to love me, I'll become his addiction and that's not healthy." I explain sadly.

"But you'll tell him right?" Louis asks with his eyebrow raised.

"Yes, when the time is right I'll tell him."