Chapter 86

August 2017~
Gen's POV~

My heart stopped and I could not believe my eyes.

Niall.

"What-how?" I whispered as he approaches me. He has changed over the last 6 years, his blonde hair now dark which made his blue eyes pop even more. He has a full face of scruff making him look older but he hadn't gotten any taller as I still stood 2 inches taller then him.

"You look really good Imogen." He says with his Irish drawl as he looks down my body.

"You-you're alive?"

"Seems so." He smirks.

"But we buried you, we mourned you Niall. Your daughter talks to you in heaven. How could you do this to us?" I growl.

"Baby you know as well as I do that she is not mine, she looks nothing like me." He says shrugging.

"She looks like my mom, that's not her fault." I snap. 

"No, it's your fault for cheating on me. I had a DNA test done Imogen." Niall seethes, closing the distance between us.

"Niall, I never slept with anyone other then you until after you "died"."

"Well congratulation on your immaculate conception then." He sneers. "I'm not even supposed to be able to have kids, it was a miracle you got pregnant in the first place but our baby would of never survived." he adds shrugging.

"How do you know?"

"Because after the explosion a villager found me and carried me to his house where his daughter took care of me until I could get to a doctor. They found that I was born with some kind of malformation that was fixed after birth but my family never told me. Anyways because of it I should not be able to get anyone pregnant and if by chance I did the baby would never survive birth." Niall explains.

"I'm so sorry."

"I'm sure you are." He jeers. "Look, I just came back for you to sign these divorce papers."

"But why now? I don't understand." I question and Niall grabs my arm. "Let go of me!"

"Just sign the fucking papers Imogen." Niall growls.

"What the fuck?" 

Harry.

"Get your hands off of her!" Harry roars as he approaches us with dark eyes. "Who the fuck are you?"

"Her husband, who the fuck are you?" Niall snaps.

"Her boyfriend." Harry fumes with his nostrils flaring. "Get.Your.Hands.Off.Her.Now" He spits with gritted teeth. Niall's eyes go wide and he backs off.

"Just sign the papers and I'll disappear from your life again Imogen." Niall states holding his hands up.

"You've been alive this entire time? You left your wife and child like a fucking coward only to come back and do it again?" Harry seethes.

"They are all yours man." Niall says smirking.

"You had everything don't you get it? A wife that loved you and wasn't fucking your dad slash uncle. A daughter!! How could you do that to them?" Harry questions as he approaches Niall, towering over him.

"Please, if she loved me she would of never posed in that filthy magazine and as for the kid. She isn't mine, probably belongs to one of the photographers she fucked." Niall chides. 

"Niall you know I did those shoots to pay for my schooling and I never once even thought about cheating on you, trust me I had chance after chance."

"She was so completely in love with you don't you fucking get it?" Harry roars and I realize that this isn't just about Niall and I, it's about Harry and Carolina. Niall is my Carolina, Carolina is Harry's Niall.

"How would you know?" Niall sneers.

"Ed told me." Harry informs him.

"Ed's a fucking liar, he's wanted her since they were kids." Niall points out and I laugh maniacally.

"Really? He thinks of her like a sister and told me how in love with you she was but after your father's death you changed." Harry presses.

"It's her fucking fault he's dead." Niall snaps.

"No. It's yours for knocking her up." Harry states simply and Niall's eyes go wide. "Look, I haven't been in your shoes but I've been in Gen's." Harry pauses as he backs up and runs his hand through his hair. "I lost everything, my fiance, my daughter... EVERYTHING. So to see a man walk away from his wife and daughter not once but now twice is driving me fucking mental."

Wait what?

"Harry what are you saying?" I ask him with wide eyes.

"I'm saying that he cannot make you sign the papers, you get to choose to." Harry responds with a look of defeat that makes my heart sink.

"Give me the fucking papers." I hold my hand out towards Niall.

"Are you sure? Maybe he's right, maybe the DNA test was wrong..." Niall suggests cautiously.

"You aren't even on her birth certificate Niall since you weren't present for her birth." I state coldly. "Her last name is Gallagher and she doesn't know you nor need to." I add turning my body towards Niall and taking a deep breath. "I don't love you, I won't love you and I will never love you. Give me the papers."

"Imogen-"

"Just give me the fucking papers." I snatch them from his hand and take them to my desk.

He wasn't asking for anything, just a dissolution of the marriage. No mention of Ever or anything. I quickly signed the papers and gave them back to him.

"I'm not a bad guy Imogen, you know this. You know we would of never worked." Niall says sadly.

"I know, you weren't enough for me." I reply walking to Harry and hugging his waist. "I deserve better and so does Ever."