Chapter 76

July 2017~
Gen's POV~

"LEEEEEYUM" Harry shouts as he runs towards Liam and Gemma waiting outside the sushi place. Once he reaches him he throws himself on the much shorter man, latching onto him like a toddler.

So immature and yet so adorable.

"Harry it's good to see you too bud." Liam groans as Harry unwraps his long legs from Liam's body.

"Oh you two!! Gen, I didn't know you'd be joining us." Gemma greats me with smile.

"We can't let him out on his own yet." I inform her. "I think I need a leash for him." I whisper causing her to laugh.

"Sounds kinky." Harry chortles and I shoot him a warning glance.

"How are you doing Liam?" I ask.

"I'm good, just ready for her tempura craving to be over so we can go back to ice cream." Liam sighs.

"Hey, I'm the pregnant one. My ice cream!" Gemma exclaims with her hands on her hips.

"We better feed her before she cries Haz." I hear Liam whisper and fight back a chuckle.

Harry holds the door open for all of us and we make our way into a booth in the back.

"After you ba-er Gen." Harry slips up and Gemma shoots him a look.

"Can I get you guys something to drink?" The waitress asks politely.

"I'll have a Sapporo and she'll have some jasmine tea." Liam orders for Gemma and himself, the fact that he was ordering a beer in front of Harry worried me a bit and I could tell Gemma felt the same way.

"Liam-"

"It's fine Gemma really." Harry assures her with a genuine smile. "I'll have a water with lemon and she'll have an iced tea." He orders for the both of us causing Gemma to shoot him another look as I elbow him. "Sorry force of habit." He mumbles so only I could hear.

I clear my throat as I pick up the menu and look it over, everything just looks so good.

"What do you want Gen?" Harry asks me.

"What don't I want?" I answer as I fight back the drool.

"Just order a few different ones and we'll share?" He asks. and I nod in agreement.

"Are you guys ready to order?" The waitress asks after setting down our drinks.

"Yea can I get a tempura roll and a crab salad hand roll?" Gemma orders then Liam follows suit before the waitress turns to us.

"We're going to share a dragon roll, a tiger roll and a spider roll." I smile at the waitress and she nods before taking our menus.

Gemma and Liam were exchanging looks and I knew that they knew something was up.

"So what did you want to talk to us about H?" Liam asks as he sips his beer cautiously.

"Oh um well I wanted to let you guys know that the director and Gen feel that 6 months of rehab is overkill so they switched me to the 90 day program. I'll be out in less then a month." Harry says with a smile.

"Wow bud that's great." Liam exclaims but Gemma looked skeptical.

"Are you sure that's in his best interest Gen?" She asks sternly.

"I do, Harry has been incredible with maintaining his sobriety. While away he was tested quite a bit and still made the right choice even when I wasn't around him." I assured her before Harry went on to tell them about the bar and our trip but leaving out certain details of course.

"So Gen, how does your husband feel with you being away for work so much? I saw your ring, it's beautiful." Gemma asks, I could tell she was fishing for answers.

"Oh I'm not married anymore actually... My husband passed 6 years ago." Gemma's eyes widen with realization.

"Well shit, I'm so sorry. I didn't know." She apologizes. "Your ring is quite stunning."

"No it's fine Gemma, we didn't really end on good terms before his death. The ring was actually a gift from a good friend." I assure her as I feel Harry's hand on my thigh.

"Ok so the main thing I wanted to discuss." Harry changes the topic. "You two gave up so much after Carolina died and I lost control including your dream wedding Gem... I want to pay for you two to have the wedding you've always wanted. After the baby is born of course."

Gemma and Liam's jaws were hanging open as the waitress set each of their plates in front of them and then a larger plate between Harry and I.

"Harry you don't have to do that." Gemma says softly.

"I want to, I can afford to so I will." He answers simply before popping a roll in his mouth.

"What are your plans after the month is up?" Liam asks between bites.

"Gen's going to help me find a place to live and then I'm going to start job hunting. Louis left me everything but I still want to work." Harry informs them and Gemma's eyes dart between us.

We continue eating, I stay mostly quiet and observe how happy Harry is with Liam and Gemma. I knew that he and Liam were close before everything but now I can really see that there is a strong bond there. The way Gemma smiles at him, I could tell that she really missed having her baby brother around.

After we were done eating the waitress took the plates and came back with some green tea ice cream for Gemma.

"So, how are you two doing?" Gemma questions.

"We're good, really good." Harry gushes as he wraps his arm around me and my eyes widen.

"Gen we've known there was something between the two of you since the first time we met... That exchange with dad cemented it. You're lucky mom hasn't caught on yet." Gemma says smirking and I take a deep breath.

"This isn't a normal thing for me Gemma, I don't want you to think that about me at all. I've treated dozens of patients most of whom were men and at one time or another hit on me.... Your brother is different." I say softly.

"I know it isn't and you know what? As long as you make this goofball happy I'm happy." She gushes.

"Thanks Gemma, Gen is really special to me." Harry coos as he smiles at me, I can't help but return his happiness. "So Liam, I need your help." Harry changes gears. "Is my uncle's case still open?" I shoot him a confused look. "He's a police officer." Harry whispers.

"I mean it's a cold case, it says accidental drowning but there were so many questions around it that they never actually closed it." Liam informs him.

"Ok good, Gen and I have a theory. We think it was actually dad that died and not Edward then Edward tried to take dad's place but he was so different that mom divorced him." Harry explains and their eyes widen.

"You mean you think that dad is dead?" Gemma asks with tears in her eyes.

"Well I'd rather that then him fucking my underaged girlfriend wouldn't you? Or trying to rape Gen? I really have a hard time believing our father would do that." Harry confesses.

"But Edward would." Gemma says softly.

"It's not far fetched... I'll help you two, just let me know what I need to do." Liam assures us.

We had a plan.

Edward is going down.