Chapter 39

May 2017-
Gen's POV-

My alarm went off at 9 am much to my displeasure, I had never slept so good in my entire life. It made me sad that it couldn't be a normal thing. I was still sprawled across Harry's chest with his arms wrapped around me. Deciding it was time for Harry to wake up I press chaste kisses all over his chest.

"Mm is there some way we could possibly work this into my therapy?" Harry asks in the sexiest morning voice I've ever heard.

Then I remembered.

"Harry, I need you to listen to me ok?" I plead and he looks down on me confused. "You are going to hear some stuff that will upset you but please don't shut me out. You are so strong and we can get through this together." I assure him with a soft kiss. "I grabbed you some clothes that are in my closet, go get dressed your visitor will be here soon." I say moving off of him.

"Um ok?" Harry looks at me uncertainly before hoping out of bed and jogging to the closet.

**
Harry's POV~

Gen was acting strange and cryptic. All I wanted to do this morning was get lost in her lips but I guess I have a visitor coming. I grabbed my clothes from Gen's closet and head into the bathroom. She had grabbed one of my Hawaiian shirts and a pair of skinny jeans for me. Looking in the mirror I barely recognized myself. The short hair, not looking so strung out.... Actually smiling.

Maybe knowing the truth was what I needed to finally let go.

I can't believe all this time I tortured myself over her death, for what? Did she ever even love me? Is anyone capable of loving me? Am I even capable of actually loving someone now?

Ugh.

After splashing some water on my face I walk back into Gen's room where she was struggling with her dress's zipper.

"Let me get that baby." I offer before walking up behind her. I brush her hair over her shoulder, zip up the back of the dress and leave a chaste kiss on her neck. She turns to me and smiles uncertainly.

Gen was wearing a black fitted dress that went to her knees, it was professional but I still found it very sexy. She paired it with a pair of pumps that made her almost as tall as me, she had some lipgloss and mascara on but that was it.

She's the most beautiful thing in the entire word to me.

"Ready to go? Your visitor is waiting in the lounge." She says simply and I nod.

I don't have a good feeling about this.

Gen walks towards me and cups my jaw. "Everything will be ok Harry." She whispers before kissing my lips gently. She then grabs my hand and we start for the family lounge, once near the door she lets go and grabs her notebook.

I look around the room and am surprised to see Louis, but he didn't look well at all.

"Hey Tommo." I great him smiling, he stands up gently and wraps his arms around me.

"You look good Hazza." Louis says before pulling away. "You must be Dr Horan." He says nodding to Gen.

"Please, call me Gen." she says offering her hand.

I took a minute to step back and look at Louis, his skin was yellowed, his eyes sunk in and dark, his hair stringy and unkempt. 

Gen calls to have some breakfast prepared and brought to us, as we eat Louis and I relive some stories from our football days. Before life got so complicated.

"So how are you doing Hazza?" Louis asks cautiously.

"I'm good Louis, doing a lot better now that I know that Carolina was a lying, cheating-"

"Harry." Gen warns.

Don't speak ill of the dead Styles.

Louis looks from me to Gen and back to me with a puzzled face.

"She was cheating on me Tommo... With Desmond no less."

"No fucking way. Your father?! I would of never expected this from her." Louis gasps.

"Me neither trust me.' I reply sighing.

"Excuse me for a moment, I need to use the loo." Louis gets up slowly and walks toward the restroom with a shaky stride.

Gen sits next to me on the loveseat and takes my hands in hers. My jade eyes meet her pale blues as she offers a sad look.

"What's wrong with him Gen?" I whisper.

"He needs to tell you himself Harry." She pauses and looks down at our hands. "But it's not good. Just please listen to him, don't react, don't shut us out ok?." She pleads and I nod softly.

"I'll try."

Gen drops her hands from mine as Louis reemerges and takes his seat again.

"So Louis, hows the house?" I ask trying to lighten everything up.

"I sold it, too many bad memories." He said shrugging. "Plus it wasn't the same without you. I've been sober since the night you overdosed Har, you scared the shit out of me."

"That's good though, we can both get sober and actually live our lives." I offer and Louis's eyes grow large and sad as Gen's head drops.

"As much as I'd like that Harry.... It's not in the cards for me." Louis says softly. "Harry I have cancer."