Chapter 47

June 2017~
Gen's POV~

Harry returned shortly with a soda for Louis who was happily eating up the cookie dough.

He did not look good.

We've only been here an hour but Louis's skin has paled and his motions have become slow and shaky, when Harry told him he wanted to be by his side when he side Louis refused at first but he soon realized that it's what Harry needed.

Louis was the last piece of his past life, the last step he needed to take into his new life of sobriety was saying goodbye.

After another hour or so it was clear that Louis's life force was fading. "Harry come here." Louis says, shifting to the side of his hospital bed allowing room for Harry to sit next to him which he did. Louis wraps his arm around Harry's abdomen and leans his head on his chest as Harry wraps an arm around his back. "I'm sorry." Louis croaks out. "I'm so fucking sorry for the role I played in your alcohol and drug abuse, but at the same time I'm not. It brought you to her." Louis says looking up at me as tears stream down my face. Harry looks at me quietly with tears in his eyes.

"I'm not going to tell you to take care of him Gen, I'm telling you to take care of her Harry." Louis says and Harry's eyes go wide. "You're so much stronger then I could ever be Haz, you don't need to rely on anyone but yourself you hear me?" Louis insists and Harry nods.

"One more thing Harry, cremate me and spread me somewhere nice eh? I don't need a gravestone for you to bury and remember all the bad shit. I want you to feel a breeze, see a palm tree or smell the ocean and think of me." Louis says in a weak voice.

"Of course Louis." Harry whispers before pressing a kiss to his hair.

Seeing Harry be so affectionate with his best friend as he lay dying was making an absolute mess of me. Harry reaches over and takes my hand as he gives me a sad smile. We just sit there in silence, listening to Louis's breath and heart monitor.

Holding my breath I squeeze Harry's hand as Louis exhales a loud raspy breath, seconds later his heart monitor flat lines.

He was gone.

**

The nurses had come in and helped Harry move from underneath Louis's upper body, his doctor came in shortly after.

"What would you like done with Mr Tomlinson Mr Styles?" He asks regretfully.

"I want his organs and anything else they can use and study to be donated for cancer research. The rest I would like cremated and returned back to me." Harry replied softly and my heart swelled.

Even faced with losing his best friend he thinks of others.