Chapter 45

June 2017~
Gen's POV~

It's been over a month now since Harry has been here, thugs are starting to become more fluid. Last weekend I was actually able to take my full 4 days off but not without talking to him on the phone. I hired a boxing instructor to come in and train him while I'm away so he's pretty busy.

He told me that he used to play guitar but hasn't picked it up in years.

Well today I was going to surprise him.

I came back to the rehab campus Sunday night instead of Monday morning. I had made dinner for my family with the plan of bringing my food and enough for Harry to have dinner.

Once I got to my room I started reheating the food while I pulled out a small table and set two chairs next to it. After setting out some candles I went to my closet and pulled out a black body con dress that was strapped in the back and hit me right at my mid thigh. Then I slid on some silver heeled sandals and pulled my hair from the braid .

Sighing I looked around the room and decided that I am crazy.

Crazy about him.

I've never done anything like this for anyone, hell Niall barely got home cooked meals.

The oven beeped alerting me that the lasagna was done, I pull out two plates and dish up the lasagna along with a Caesar salad and garlic bread. I finished the table off with a candle, two champagne flutes and some sparkling apple cider.

Now how to get him in here...

I walk over to my purse and grab my phone before sitting at the table. My finger hovers over the call button then I take a deep breath and press it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Harry, I forgot something in my room and I need some information from it. Could you be a doll and grab it?"

I'm such a good liar.

"Oh yea sure, what was your code again?" He asked.

"Oh actually I changed it." I reply biting my lip

"Ok... what is it?"

"211994" I say smiling.

"Ok hold on." Harry says as I hear him at my door punching the code in. I got ahead and hang up the phone and prepare for his surprise.

"What the-" Harry says as he looks at me shocked.

I stood up and walked over to him as he looks down my body and licks his lips. "Surprise." I whisper before kissing him softly.

He wraps his arms around my waist and buries his nose in my neck. "Mm this is a good surprise, I missed you."

"I missed you too Harry, I figured you needed a home cooked meal." 

"You cook?" He questions with his eyebrow raised.

"Time to time, come on there's a few things we have to talk about." I suggest, pulling myself from his body regretfully and sitting down. Harry sits across from me eyeing me suspiciously. "You better eat before it gets cold Styles, I slaved all afternoon on this." I tease. He shoots me a panty dropping smile and starts eating. 

"Holy shit Gen, this is really good." Harry gushes before taking another bite. 

"I know." I quip shrugging causing him to laugh. 

"Ok so we are coming up on the 60 day mark in three weeks Harry, what did you want to do?"

"You said we could take a trip?" He asks.

"Yea, to a resort that is affiliated with the rehab. There's one in Mexico, Colorado, Maine and Hawaii." I explain. "We will have a lot of freedom, it's almost like they want you to slip up so you have to stay in rehab longer. But you won't." I smile at him proudly.

"No, I won't. Mexico sounds nice." He says thinking.. "Which do I have the greatest chance of seeing you in a bikini?" Harry asks smirking. 

"Mexico probably, the resort in Hawaii is in the mountains so it's not really a beach destination."

"Yea Mexico for sure then." Harry says touching his bottom lip and looking at me mischievously.

"I know that look Mister!"

"What? I just think a few days on the warm sand would do me some good, seeing you in a bikini is just a plus." He winks.

"Ok next order of business, I got a call from Louis's doctor this morning." I explain, my voice going low, Harry's eyes go from joyful to sad instantly. "We should go see him tomorrow, he doesn't have long left."

"I want to be there."

"What do you mean Harry?" I question.

"When he dies, I want to be there. I need to be there. He's the last piece of that life, I never got to say goodbye to Carolina." Harry looks down at his hands. "I need to say goodbye to him, I want to be there for him until his dying breath."

God he's amazing.

"Ok Harry, we can talk to his doctor tomorrow." I assure him as we finish our dinner. Once done Harry reaches across the table and takes my hand.

"Thank you for doing this for me tonight baby." Harry says smiling adoringly. 

I love it when he calls me baby.

"I have one more surprise for you Harry." I say before jumping up and grabbing something from my closet.

"What's this Gen?" Harry asks with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'd not sure, maybe you should open it." Harry unlatches the case and pulls out the beautiful acoustic guitar I got him.

"Gen.." Harry croaks emotionally.

"Look at the headstock babe." I whisper, kneeling in front of him. His eyes look over the guitar to the headstock, when he sees it tears form in his eyes.

For when you're lonely and forget who you are.
Love always ~Gen.

He places the guitar carefully back in the case and then pulls me up into his lap. "You're amazing Gen." Harry whispers before kissing me sweetly. 

"Will you stay tonight?" I ask him biting my lip, I wanted to fall to sleep in his arms. To wake up with his warm breath tickling my neck.

"Of course baby."