9|Laila! listen to me.

A hope raised inside her when his fingers grazed against hers.
She felt the warmth in his touch for which she was looking always.

~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Laila POV:

I knew it was wrong, totally wrong, he was getting petious with me but I wasn't deterring his touch. Ya ALLAH please forgive me.

I cried, I cried in his chest feeling the safety in those arms. His one hand gently stroke my hair as if consoling me.

"Shhh, it's okay", his voice echoed in my ear snapping me back to reality. I hesitantly took a step back and he let me go. I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't look in his.

"I'm ooo.. okay", I sniffed and wiped off the tears with the back of my hand.

"Here, your bag and phone", he handed me my accessories. I looked in his eyes for mere seconds and his eyes had so much tendering apprehension that my heart melted one more time. I halted my gaze to the ground.

"Come let me drop you", he offered.

"No no, I can go", I denied his offer and hurriedly took steps towards the exit but a strong hand clutched my arm forcefully turning me around but this time the pair of eyes were different, those hazel orbs were staring me back with fury in them but they were trying to keep themselves calm.

"As he's saying we can drop you", his tone was mighty and molded. I gulped in and flinched under his grip, he left my arm.

"No thanks", I almost snapped back and ran out of the restroom feeling my teeth chattering.

I wrapped my dupatta around my body and walked out with bowed head from the restaurants, people must be hawking at me but I had no potential to look into those taunting eyes of the world.

Walking along the pavement many thoughts hit my mind like a truck. I just knew what wrath would be waiting for me when I would get back home. Furious Dad, outrageous Mom and those flouting siblings, the worst phase of my life was again waiting for me, I was in no mood to get into that hell of a place and face them. I wanted to run away as far as I could without looking back for once. What if I visit the warehouse? I glanced my watch and it told 12 30, that's great, after half an hour the player would come, I thought I should probably go there.

I was making my way there when my phone buzzed off. I fetched out the thing from my bag and it almost slipped off my hand on witnessing the caller ID, ohh shoot, DAD'S name was dancing on the screen. He always calls in one situation, when he wants to scold me to an extent where there's no end. I was literally shivering fighting with my inner self to pick or not.

"He...Hello?" I whispered.

"Come home right this minute", his voice had so much connipting prestige and before I could utter a word he hung up.

Never could I expect my parents to treat me like a princess just like every typical girl, even my sister. Well I was always the prior in their hate list. What if they beat me again like last time? Yeah, once my mom did beat me when Sanah got injured during our school volleyball match, I was in the opponent's team and my hit just made hard contact with her eyes leaving a black scar on her face. Well that was just a game but not for my parents, Sanah exaggerated the whole thing and mom raised her hands on me without giving it a second thought, I pleaded them but they didn't sympathise me, dad didn't stop mom from beating me but the oldest home maid then saved me from their ebullient acrimony, I was on the bed for almost two weeks but they didn't even came once to spare me a glance, well why would they visit me when they were the reason of my pain. And now I had once again pulled the strings.