26|What's gonna happen next?

Losing a loved one was hard for her.
But she stood again on her feet making up her mind that she won't fall again.
But his one glance made her fall again.

~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Writer POV:

She draped the long white floral frock reaching her knees on her little figure. It was simple yet elegant. Big round earrings were dangling in her soft little earlobe with a pendant around her swan like neck. She let her shoulder cut hair open with few flower clips to give herself a hairstyle, she did the job well. She pushed her feet in flat pumps and grabbed her phone from the bed dialling Inayah's no. for the thousandth time but she didn't respond. Heaving a sigh Laila gave herself last glance in the mirror. That dress she bought with her Omar Bhai when he was here, she missed her Bhai badly when her phone shrilled in the silent aura, a smile overtook her lips.

"Salam bhai", she greeted the only man who could make her smile such way.

"Walikum Assalam baby sister, how's life?" He seemed joyous and she laughed on his cute accent.

"All good bro, what's up there?" She joined him and they both burst into laughter on their silliness.

They chatted for like one hour until Laila told him that she was getting late for the party. She made her mind to enlighten Omar about her secret contract marriage but once again she failed to gathered enough courage.

Bidding their byes Laila dropped her phone and keys with some money in her small bag. Hanging it on her shoulder she looked once again in the mirror until she heard some knock on the door.

"Who could be here?" She mumbled to herself making way to the main door.

"Don't you have keys?" She rumbled and turned around when she found Harris standing tall on the door. That man was frozen in his position feeling his heart going off track. Honestly Laila was looking like an angel but she had no idea. His eyes were glued on her back while she was going through her phone unaware of some admiration. In past 10 years since Inayah left, Harris never encountered such feelings but they were again coming back and this time for some other girl.

When there was no movement around Laila turned to found him glued on his position with eyes fixed on her.

"What?" She asked but he wasn't even blinking. His stare gave her knots in the tummy.

"Harris", she called him out softly when he blinked twice to register the surrounding gulping in his spit.

"I... I mean, are you going somewhere?" He asked when his tongue stuttered, he mentally cursed himself.

"Well you don't remember but I do, today is Alina's birthday", she replied.

"Ohh yeah", he said before making his way to his room.

"I'm leaving", she informed him when his steps halted and he turned to face her.

"Alone, do you even know where is the house?" He asked leaning against the doorframe.

"Its on the card and I'll take the cab Ofcourse", she dumped her phone in her pouch and wrapped a shawl around her figure. He silently observed her but he knew the way through forest to his mansion was dangerous and she wouldn't be able to go alone neither in the cab looking this pretty, he slapped himself mentally for acting like a typical cliche man.