42|I found my happiness

We are like two universe,
parallel and together.

Happy reading. 🎈

~~~~~~~~~

Writer POV:

The grip around Khadija's neck was tight, she tried to grasp for more air but Harris didn't let her budge even.

"It's over Sasa", he whispered and a shiver ran down her spine on his deadly tone.

"Le-leave me", she tried to free herself when Harris pulled both her hands behind and stuffed them in a handcuffs before throwing her on the floor. She struggled but she was bound now. She looked around to see her men dispersing or trying to run however some were caught when police invaded the mansion.

"How d-dare you?" She tussled with the handcuffs but all her efforts went in vain.

"You think you're smart enough?" Harris was pressing the wound on his lips.

"FREE ME YOU MORON", she yelled but Harris gripped her hair and gestured her to shut her mouth.

"H-how?" She questioned furthur when a satisfactory smirk set off on Harris face and he exchanged a look with his dad whose arms were wrapped around his scared wife.

2 hours back:

Harris struggled with the rope around his hand and torso before tossing them away. He was a pro at such stuffs.

Wiping off the blood from his lips he peeked through the small hole in the door, the basement where he was held captive screamed darkness and laconism, no one was around.

Luckily he overheard the last night conversation of Sasa and Charles about invading Khan's mansion and making them sign the papers keeping life of both his sons on stake. He was worried how was Adam's doing and what this detrimental woman would do with his parents. He had to do something urgently.

Pulling out the hair pin of Laila that was in his pants pockets he unlocked the door before tiptoeing outside. His bruises were burning but he couldn't just sit and cry. He was not that kind of man.

He heard footsteps, he instantly hid behind a huge locker when a man appeared with a gun in his hands. The man was looking ahead and he overlooked Harris when Harris leaped on him shutting his mouth, snatching the revolver and hiting it on his head, the man passed out instantly. Harris pushed his body in the corner before loading the gun and fetching out the phone from that man's pockets.

He dialled his dad's no and told him every little detail of Sasa and about the plan he came up in that instant. His dad was aggrieved but it was not the time to freak-out. Harris asked him to check on Adam also. Luckily Zaid, Harris' friend was in Canada. Mr. Khan asked Zaid to go check on Adam with the police there. His life was in danger.

"I have to reach Laila first", he mumbled to himself before taking small strides out of the dungeon. It was all silent, no one was guarding around.

"They underestimated me", he shook his head sideways before making way to the upper floor. He knew in which room Laila was. Vigilantly he took steps to the room and peeked inside the door to see Laila leaned against the wall with her dad sleeping beside her. The old man seemed so exhausted, he felt bad for him. He unlocked the door when Laila's eyes flew open, she was awake. Harris instantly gestured her to stay quiet. She didn't make a sound but her eyes were watery. Harris walked to her and took her in an embrace. She silently cried in his arms. His vision got blurred. Laila looked so fragile and drained out that his heart pricked. He felt a pang of guilt that she was suffering becasue of him.