28|Crossing the boundaries.

The chattering of rain followed by thunder skipped her heart to her throat.
A hand around her shoulder gave her warmth.

~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Harris POV:

I followed her but the silence and darkness only welcomed me. Damn, where she had gone? Like a flash she disappeared.

I darted my eyes sideways but she was not in sight. Recklessly I had to messed up my hair with my fingers. Frustration built inside me, like a fool I looked for her, I had never done this but once. I still remember how long I chased Inayah but failed at catching her ever. I shrugged her thoughts away, I was in no mood to spoil myself right now.

"LAILA", I yelled her name which came back as echo from the tall timbers.

"LAILA... ", I screamed again but failed at getting any response back.

Uhhh!! The fool was making me mad.

Wah what a dramatic scene, it started drizzling people. *clap*.

Fu**!!

Soon the drizzle turned into heavy droplets falling from heaven creating the tip tap in the silence. Till now I was drenched in the rain water since in the timbers there wasn't any shelter.

"Laila?" I yelled out again when my eyes snapped to the sparkling thing laying on the wet road.

It's her ring. I instantly grabbed the thing from there and slipped it inside my pants pockets, waking inside the forest when God knows from where a hard punch landed on my handsome face. It's handsome people, trust me.

"Ahhh", I hit the wet floor below. For a while stars covered my head and vision. I blinked twice to register a pair of black shoes. That someone grabbed me by my collar and made me stand on my feet and here he was, my great brother. Another punch and some curses followed. He almost broke my jaw. Damn he's so strong.

"How dare you?" He again pulled me up but this time I fought back by kicking his precious jewels.

"Fu**", he cursed back until we indulge into a big fight.

"Why why you did that?" He wiped off the blood from the corner of his lips. Both of us were panting hard, my damn body was badly aching. He punched so hard.

"You remember what you did?" I just replied and he was frozen.

"Is that a fucking revenge?" He growled and I smirked in return when other fists followed.

"You knew I like her then still you did this all for that stupid revenge where I wasn't even the criminal", he spoke between his pants and kept hitting me hard. I winced and pushed him back, he hit the tall tree and fell on the ground.

"I didn't even plan this all, it.. it just happened. May be the fate is at my side this time", I spat the words back on his face when he plunged on me again and showered punches on me when a low gasp grabbed our attention, still he didn't stop.

"Stop please", a pair of small hands intruded between our bodies and there stood Laila trying to tear us apart, he with outrageous eyes stared her back when I instantly pushed him off me trying to grasp some air from around.

"You stay out", he growled at her and pounded on me but she came in between shielding me with her small hands.

"Please.. I beg you to stop. He'll die", I heard her low cry when Adam halted his steps. A monster was reflecting from his eyes.