23|How could he?

Peeking through the glass wall she stared at him.
He felt pair of eyes but gave her cold shoulder.
As soon as her gaze averted off him, his followed and fixed on hers.
That special smile made way to his lips.

~~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Writer POV:

He hit the brake suddenly causing the drawing room of the luxurious car to messed up. She blinked her eyes twice gulping in the spit accumulating in her throat. The laconism was echoing behind adding intensity to the thick aura. During the whole journey for the first time he lifted his eyes and passed her a deadly glare through the back view mirror. His eyes blazed with fury, she had never witnessed him this outrageous. Though he still hadn't spoke a single word but the look in his orbs was enough to made her shiver.

With one swift motion he was out of the vehicle gawking at her through the glass of the backseat. She was scared. He flew open the door and jerked her body out of the car. He was never an animal but she made him one at the moment.

"Why?" A tough whisper left his mouth and she bit her lips to hold on her tremors.

He jerked away her body and stuffed his hands in his pockets keeping the intent look plastered on his face.

"Answer me", he spoke in husky deep voice and she cleared her throat to let some words roll out of her mouth but she felt her tongue paralyzed.

"It's the last time I'm asking, WHY?" He almost yelled and she cringed in fear taking two steps back.

"I... I did what?" She questioned back.

"How dare you made Laila fool? Do you think I'm a kid as not to understand your pathetic games?" His voice bommed in the air and she gulped in her dried spit feeling scared as hell. He was looking like a monster.

"It..  It's not that. I.. I didn't do anything intentionally", she mumbled out the words hitting his nerve.

He gripped her bare arms digging his nails in her skin, the wince died in her mouth by the tough look on his face.

"Ms. Inayah, keep this thing in your mind, your constant budging in my life is only making me hate you more and more, so stop trying as there is no chance", he whispered with gritted teeth and jolted her body away from him. She rubbed her sore skin feeling the tears pricking her chocolate brown orbs.

"Why are you so heartless?" This time a sob escaped her mouth and he just snorted messing his hair with his fingers.

"I'm not, it's just you are making me one for yourself", he sighed.

"What's that in her which I don't have?" She finally asked and he got frozen in his position. It means she noticed.

"Who?" Within a single second he shot back a question.

"You know it very well", she rubbed the tears off her cheeks.

"She's a perfect girl", he again replied without hesitation and she stared back that man with gobsmacked expression reflected from her eyes feeling the animosity amplifying. For the first time she loathed that poor girl with all her heart.