12|In shock?

The shimmers of stars fell on the dark Earth.
The only source which allowed him to see her face properly.
He memorized that appreciating piece of GOD'S creation.

~~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Writer POV:

"Where are we? What if someone catch us here too?" Laila asked him while straightening her shirt.

"It's my house", she choked on her saliva by his response.

Why in all the places we had to land in his house? She silently groaned in her mind.

"I mean my friend's house, a really close one", Harris within a blink of an eye changed his statement. It was his anonymous house and he was in no mood for her to knew about his secrets.

They walked out of the store room into the lounge where she was trailing behind him. The house was decorated beautifully, it looked simple yet elegant.

Her eyes roamed in the lounge when it landed on the large piano placed with dignified class in the middle of the lounge. Her heart skipped a beat, she motioned towards that thing but his voice halted her steps.

"Stop there", she stopped and turned to him.

"What? Just hold yourself and there's the door, after 5 mins leave without producing any sound", he ordered her and himself slumped on the couch fetching out the phone. She blinked twice before averting her attention to the stumpous instrument adding more dazzle to the lounge. Her eyes followed the track to the window and now she walked to it snooping outside, a lump formed in her throat, her daily resting spot was visible from here which was right below the window, she used to sit here and listen to the ravishing piece of art someone play.

It means his friend was the player of the piano, she thought and her eyes travelled to him but he was indulged in his phone completely.

Should I ask him? She thought again but dropped the idea. He would wonder why am I so interested in his friend and how did I even know him, she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Now leave", his callous voice echoed in the silent lounge that had hint of savage in it, he lifted his eyes and stared deep inside hers.

"Not before you answer me", she didn't know from where she got that bluntness but it came out. He narrowed his eyes to her and she made way to him standing close to the couch on which he was laying upside down.

"What?" He asked with raised brows having the negative vibe what she might ask and here it came.

"Why you killed that man?" She questioned and he just rolled his eyes before getting off the couch advancing in her direction.

"I don't think so that it should be any of your concern", he leaned to her and she took a small step back.

"Ohh really, but I witnessed you doing a murder", she tried best to control her palpation. He let out a humourless laugh in return.

"What will you do then?" He tilted his head to side making the air around more dense with the hard expressions on his face.

"I'll report you to the cops", she replied back with an angry tone.