10|WTH!

Standing closer to her, he scanned every inch of her face to memorize it.
Next day an alluring canvas with a well crafted face painting was hanging on the wall.

~~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Morning.

Laila POV:

It was all silent when I left the home at 6 in the morning. I wanted to skip everyone from this house. I went to the nearest park and sat on the same spot I always sit with my books in my hands. Exams were approaching and I was so bad at preparations. To maintain my scholarship I had to maintain my GPA. I had to study hard as now I had to save money to buy a house for me, I mean a small one but I had to.

My phone alarm notified me about the first lecture time, I gathered my stuffs and went to the university.

The day was hectic and luckily I didn't encounter that Sanah. Thanks to ALLAH.

I was passing by the hallway when I was called.

"Laila?" It was Sajid, ohh no, he had caused enough trouble, I picked up the pace and took long strides trying best to be oblivious to him but he was more faster. He tugged my arm and turned me around.

"Hey I was calling you, where you're lost?" He asked gazing at my face.

"Listen Sajid, last night had cause me enough trouble so I'll be grateful if our paths won't cross", I bluntly spoke when his face fell. Okay I was rude but I had to.

"But-", he protested but I again cut him off.

"Please", I said and turned around only to bumped into the man who was in my hate list, slowly approaching to the top actually.

"Watch your steps", he spat when his books fell off his hands.

"You too", I answered back when his eyes narrowed at me. Those hazel orbs reminded me of Omar bhai. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Pick it up", Harris commanded me but like I would listen to him.

"Do it yourself", I snapped back and walked away feeling his burning gaze on my back, I was in no mood to ruin my day talking to him.

"Laila", I was again called and this time my heart took a wild beat on coming across that face. Oh no. Omar bhai was advancing in my way when I was passing by the parking lot. Oh no! I should have taken another way.

"Can we talk please?" He asked in the  sweetest tone. What's going on in his mind?

"No", I kept my tone tough when he heaved a dejected sigh.

"Please you know it's not my fault then why aren't you talking to me?" He asked with worried tone.

"Why do you want to talk to me?" I asked looking in his eyes.

"Just once please", he pleaded and my heart melted, I didn't know why I felt kind of protected around him.

Afternoon:

"Why would they do that?" He was talking to himself. I wiped my tears from the back of my hand.

We were currently sitting in the same park I visited this morning. I narrated him my whole story, that pugnacious life I have been living among those monsters, when in a while I lifted my eyes I saw tears trickling down his cheeks, he was looking ahead and crying silently. Why, why he would mourn on my miserable life?