22| Time for some fun.

The purring of engine followed the sound of clinking of her bangles.
With bare feet she ran to the balcony peeking out of it in the porch.
A disappointment came to her when a dark silence stared her back.
The Alzhiemer gave her some non approving imaginations.

~~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Laila POV:

I just couldn't help my reckless coughs, with watered eyes my vision blurred, his words rang in my head hammering it and amplifying my pain but my heart had some other joyous feeling though I knew I shouldn't do it and it's most like I couldn't do it. I'm already committed for two whole years.

"Hey hey.. drink this", he handed me a glass of water and with almost quivering hands I took hold of the things. Gulping in the liquid down my throat I kept my gaze glued to the grass below. Oh no! Now what should I answer? My mind went numb.

"You Okay?" His tender voice snapped me back and I nodded slowly clearing my throat. My appetite died. The food in the plate seemed like a poison.

"I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable", he instantly apologized, oh GOD! why he's so caring?

"No no.. not you, just the food stuck", I replied back within seconds before he could doubt me in any way.

He only hummed in response before I dumped the plate to the corner not feeling to put anything now in my empty stomach.

"I know Laila it's so blunt, but your life is already so miserable sorry to say that", with soft voice the words rolled off his tongue making my heart insane. He rested his elbows on his knees and leaned forward keeping his eyes fixed on the lush green grass below shimmering with water droplets under the moonlight.

"But I can't let it go like this", he continued and I kept my lips sealed. I liked to listen to his care. But why? Why he was woed for me anyway?

"I know it's galling for you or maybe more than that but I want to do that, to protect you, to cheer you up", his voice turned into a whisper as if fading in the wind gushing pass our bodies.

"I won't force you at all, it will be your wish and I'll be truely comfortable with that as your choice matters more to me", I heard him more.

"You can take your time and let me know the answer", for the first time in the whole conversation he lifted his eyes and looked straight in mine. There I found sincerity and my heart left the track. Such a honest person he was that his eyes were the witness. Without blinking I found myself getting lost in those deep eyes.

Why among all the girls in the world this perfect man chose me?

"Why?" The word without my registration left my mouth.

"Because I like you", and here it came, a shiver ran down my spine and my heart picked a wild beat though thumping on some joyous rythm to please my body and soul. I stared him back dumbfounded.

When his lips distended into a small smile I fell back into the reality straight on the floor below and blinked back twice before averting my gaze to my lap. Okay it was going so fast, I'm bad at coping up with such things, they're alien for me. The words weren't reaching my mouth.

Mending Eachother ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें