18|Her bad luck.

She looked in the mirror his smile reflected from it.
A hand around her stomach made knots in it.
She closed her eyes feeling his closeness.
On opening her smile fell.
He was gone with blink of an eye.
An illusion again made her fool.

~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Laila POV:

He was moving his fingers like a pro on the keys, the delicacy in his play was making my heart go wild with each note. How could this be possible? I was literally gawking back it him like a fool.

With closed eyes and disheaveled hair falling on his face his fingers danced on the keys letting the melodious notes to raise in the air adding beauty to the silent night. I was staring him back with mesmerized look in my eyes. He was playing my favourite notes.

Past memories of my good time at warehouse hit me hard. Was he really the player? It means he lied about the warehouse, he was the real owner of it. But why he left that? Why he's living here? What's going on?

Standing along the door I let the harmonious carol absorbed in my brain. Without blinking I was staring him, for the first time I didn't loath his existance, why my heart was reacting like that, may be it's the connection of that beautiful piece of art he was playing.

So for past year I have been listening to his play. OH GOD I can't believe my ears enjoyed his play. He was looking peaceful on the seat with satisfied look plastered on his face.

The sound died within few seconds and his eyes flew open. His eyes were peaceful but with another blink they were blazing with fury. I hesitantly took a step back when he stromed in my direction and jerked my body holding my arm in his tight grip.

"What are you doing here?" He wishpered looking dizzy, his warm breath hit my face and I cringed back.

"How dare you listen to my play?" He blabbered another line trying to kept his tone steady. Was he drunk? But when he drank?

"HOW DARE YOU COME INSIDE MY HOUSE DAMMIT?" He yelled out when I pushed myself more into the wall, his monster side scared the sh*t out of me.

"Th...this is my house too", I stuttered while replying to that angry bull.

"How come it's your house?" He asked a silly question, he was not in his senses I was sure.

"I'm your wife, we're married", I hurriedly answered to clear any further confusion. His eyes narrowed when his nostrils flared.

"You? My wife? Is it some kind of a JOKE?" His volume suddenly raised when my heart accelerated more giving me sweaty palms.

"From the time you have stepped in my life it has became a mess", he blabbered with animosity.

"You're a mess who has made my life a mess", he growled when a shiver ran down my spine. An animal flickered in his eyes.

"A cunning bi*ch You're", this time he mumbled running his fingers through his hair recklessly clenching his jaws.
Dare he cursed me, I haven't done anything.

"I'll make your life a living hell where you'll come to me and beg me for death", now he stood in closed proximity where our breath exchanged. I knew tears were pooling my eyes but I was holding myself back, no I couldn't cry, not in front of him.