24|Ohh shoot! Feelings, they're coming back.

The elevator door opened and her heart missed a beat on finding him alone there.
Hesitantly she stepped inside and the closed door made them alone together.
His warm breaths were the only sound but she felt rejected on no response from him.
But little did she know those eyes were only fixed on her.

~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Night:

Laila POV:

The sleep was far away in mountains from my eyes, his words were ringing in my ears like the huge bells in temples hammering my head. Laying straight on the bed my mind was clouded with many thoughts. The white ceiling above was blank but my mind was making the patterns on them, the complicated design which even I couldn't understand.

Revenge, Adam, Inayah, love, hatred, betrayal and blah blah, those words were juggled up and I badly failed at creating any story from them. What really did happen in the past? Why Harris was so keen to avenge his big brother? What might have happened? What might Inayah had done? Was there any love triangle in between them? Ohh GOD. My heart sank on the thoughts. I let my eye shutters fell trying best to distract myself. The huge pile of my books surrounded me but my mind failed at staying on them. It kept distracting. The only sound in the silent room was of the tick-tock of clock. It screamed 4 am.
I was in bad need to listen to the piano, just once but I know that he won't even play that for me, are you kidding me, I shouldn't even expect anything from him.

I pushed my feet in the slippers and walked out of the room to find his door shut. My eyes travelled to that luxurious instrument in the heart of the lounge. I gently let my fingers caressed those black and white keys that seemed so soft and delicate. I had deep urge to let myself play them, though I didn't have cent percent idea how to operate that but atleast I could try. What if he would come out? Okay just once.

I made myself settled on the chair in front and inhaled deeply to brought my wild mind and heart on track. On pressing a key, a note hit the silent air around, I unintentionally smiled. It felt great. I let my fingers pressed more keys and the smile didn't leave my face. It was fun and I was enjoying it. Without my knowing a silhouette covered my form, a small lump accumulated in my throat and my fingers went numb, oh no. I didn't dare to lift my eyes and saw in his. He must be outrageous like a beast.

"How dare you?" His deep whisper echoed in the laconism. I stood up when luckily my hair caged my side face to skip his wrath and deadly glare but he hold my bare arm clutching it tightly. I winced and he jolted my body until I was facing him. His eyes bloodshot and hair disheaveled falling recklessly on his forehead.

"Never dare to do that again", he mumbled in a deep tone and I just nodded my head. I knew I couldn't fight him back, here I'm wrong since I touched his possession without permission.

"Leave", he jerked my body away and I hurriedly gathered myself before leaving him there. Maybe he would play it and YES! he made himself settled on the chair and now his long slender fingers danced on the keys letting the melodious notes to mingled with the silence. I heaved a sigh and slipped down the wall resting my butt on the floor below and leaned my head on the wall behind allowing my mind to absorb the music.