32|That's life.

The time passed but he never came back.
She concluded he was a midsummer night dream.

~~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Writer POV:

The car passed through the less busy track with small comfy houses on either side. The sun was setting behind the mountains and the final rays pierced the cotton candy clouds giving a spectacular view to witness.

The evening miasma raised up in the surrounding air around blending smoothly with the breaths of the living. It was simply mesmerizing.
Laila admired the beauty of evening. It was heartwarming and she was soothed by the nature.

The engine was killed in front of one of the house. Laila turned her head to face Harris who was even out of the car.

"Come out already dreamer", she heard him, his words just made her smile. She hurriedly jumped off the vehicle and tightly wrapped the shawl around her fragile form. The breezes chilled her bones. She picked her pace and matched with Harris strides. He juggled the keys in the keyhole and the door flew open.

A homey sensation passed through them, Laila already loved it. Hill station houses were goals. She had always dreamt of such places and today she got the chance to enter her dreams in real.

"I love it", she whispered, loud enough for Harris to hear. He just smiled placing his phone and car keys on the table centred in the the humbly trivial lounge.

The interior was simple yet elegant. A lounge with attached kitchen and spiral stairs going to the upper floor. The floor was wooden with black silk rug placed near the fireplace. It bear two snug as bug in round sofas. The painted white walls had huge paintings of nature that added more charm to the little place. With agape mouth Laila digested the beauty around while Harris disappeared in one of the room.

She was bought back from that sporific trance when his phone shrill in the peaceful laconism. Her eyes darted to that noisy thing but she didn't bother to pick up. Harris would be upset and she was in no mood of fight. But it was out of her patience when that thing kept ringing and Harris was nowhere in the sight. Heaving a sigh Laila made way to the table and peeked in his phone to came across an unknown number. The phone went silent with few blinks and she saw 11 missedcalls.

"OMG.. who's calling? What if there is an emergency?" She mumbled to herself.

"Where is he gone?" She turned her head sideways when it started ringing again. She fought with herself for few more seconds before picking up the call.

"Hello", she wishpered softly.

"Ohh wifey", someone spoke on other side. Her brows scrunched.

"Excuse me?" She was amused.

"Yeah little girl. Where is your monster?" Whoever was in other side rumbled out some pathetic words.

"Who's talking?" She tried to sound tough.

"BOSS", the man spoke, she felt his voice somehow fimilair but where she heard him she couldn't conclude.

"Who's BOSS?" She kept asking.

"His boss", his replies were even smaller and annoying.

"Listen...", she started speaking but Harris came out of the room, water trailed down his jaws and he called out Laila that interrupted her talk.