2. They Fight

I woke up to the sound of commotion. I gasped and sprang up from my bed and stared at my surroundings, horrified.

"Oh no" I mouthed.

I was not supposed to be back in this flat. I was supposed to be roaming on the roads, sleeping under a bridge or taking shelter in an orphanage. I was not supposed to be sleeping in the comfort of my cozy bed. Because this is not mine anymore. How did I end up coming here?

How did I make the mistake of coming back to the flat when I cannot fulfill the demands of my house owner? She will rip my head off if she comes to know I did not deposit the keys and vacate already. What if she comes checking for me?

I had terrible headache but I ignored it. I ran to the shelves, grabbing my luggage bag and started to stuff all my belongings into it. I threw a red top on to the bed along with new pants to change into. I smell like rotten potato.

And then there was the sound of commotion again. What was happening?!

I zipped my bag and went out of my room, towards the source of the sound. It seemed to be coming from the Kitchen. I stripped out of my old, black top and entered the kitchen to see a man struggling with my oven.

He looked at me and his eyes grew wide. 

"Oh! Please cover yourself!" He shut his eyes and turned the other way.

I realized I was only wearing my bra and black jeans. I blushed thinking what he must have thought of me.

Why do you care? 

"Why the fuck are you destroying my oven?" I demanded.

He did not answer my question. He moved away from me uncomfortably.

"Did you cover yourself?" He asked, turning towards me but did not dare take his hands from above his eyes.

"It is my house and I will be dressed as I wish to. Who are you to tell me? What are you doing in my kitchen, you moron?"

That triggered it. His hands fell off of his face and he glared at me. My mouth was dry but I managed to be still glaring at him. I knew him from before but do not exactly remember how we met. His eyes looked familiar. That bluish grey eyes...not completely blue or completely gray..somewhere in between, confusing and luring. Where did I see this man?

"I was only trying to make you some breakfast so that you won't feel sick!" 

"Oh Thank you!" I spat at him, "But for your information, that oven is faulty"

To prove my point, it started to wobble and one more huge commotion made me shut my ears. If he continues to do this, the whole locality will lose power due to short circuit. I ran to the switch board and plucked the connection out before the house could catch fire.

"I never cooked before" He muttered behind me.

"I guess your job here is over! Get out!" I went towards him. I held his hand and tugged at it. He was strong. I couldn't move him even by an inch. I tugged at his hand harder, using both my hands this time. He did not even bat his eyelashes. I put my entire weight to drag him out but ultimately ended up slipping and falling on my ass.

I huffed.

"You are done with the gymnastics?" He asked.

"Get out" I told him rather gently. I already proved myself an idiot by falling hard on my ass while he stood like a mighty mountain over me. I wished he'd get out before I'd decide to punch him and fracture my own hand.

"You bumped into me last night and I got your address from your purse. I thought I'll leave you home safe and go but you refused to let go of my collar" He shrugged.