16. Council Meeting

It felt nice to wake up with a smile on my face. It was like a new beginning, like a new morning with so much hope and belief. The morning sky beamed back at me, telling me that times have changed. It is not dark anymore and the sun has come to stand in its place. It is my turn to embrace the new found freedom and joy.

Can a kiss make a person feel what I was feeling?

Magically, I have a purpose in life now. I have to live for someone else, care and look after someone else. I feel responsible towards another being on this planet. And I do not feel burdened at all. It is more satisfying and pleasant to know I can turn back to someone. Someone will always be there or me. 

Is this because of the kiss? Or I am just exaggerating because I haven't kissed anyone in a while?

I was wrapped around Lucifer. My head lay on his chest and my legs tangled with his. I could feel his breath on my hair. The only disappointing part was that we were fully dressed. As soon as we came back to his room last night, he insisted that I change into something warm. The servants got me clothes of my size. I put on the night suit which had pictures of kittens all over. If it were anyone else, they would have laughed at me for wearing clothes like a toddler. But Lucifer was busy staring at me like he did not believe I was standing before him. I could see the wonder and apprehension on his face. Well, don't you think I should be the one to be surprised that a man, that too a vampire royal, happened to kiss me in the rain? 

That is the best kiss I ever had! I regret that it wasn't my first...

"You realize you can't stare at him like that for the entire day, don't you?"

A tiny scream escaped my mouth and I clutched Lucifer's t-shirt. He snapped out of his sleep and pulled me closer like he wanted to protect me from any sort of danger that might come my way. He blinked before his eyes registered the man sitting on the stool near the mini bar he has in his room.

He was intimidating at first look. He had a tall build with lean muscles. His hair was impressively long and silky. If only girls had that kind of hair. Why are guys gifted with stuff they don't really need? He really is a pro in the hair department. He even had thick eyebrows and long lashes. He wore a white t-shirt and black coat over it, denim jeans complimented his upper attire.His brown eyes were examining us, amused that we were startled to see him inside the room. I remember locking the door behind me when I came in.

"Fuck you, man!" Lucifer cursed, "You should have knocked."

The man smirked, "Why? I am not used to knocking and you know that..." His eyes landed on me, "Or are you afraid that I'll catch you in a compromising position with this young lady?"

It was my turn to respond, "I'll make sure to kick your pretty ass before you do that and..." I noticed the bottle in his hand, "Those beers are not for you."

He raised his eyebrows, clearly amused with my confidence, "These beers are for you? I didn't know, Ma'am."

"You do now" I flipped my hair to showcase more attitude.

Lucifer laughed out loud beside me. I frowned and turned to him to see what was so damn funny.

He looked at the man, "Why are you here anyway?"

The man stood up and said, "Your brother called for a council meeting. You should come." He smiled widely at me, "You are supposed to get her too"

Lucifer tensed beside me, "Why her?"

"What do you mean?" I said, "Of course, you should take me too. I have to know about the crap that happened yesterday"

We ended up arguing. He did not want to take me because he thought involving in the council meeting would mean getting exposed to more people in the palace. This would soon turn out to be a gossip that Lord Lucifer brought a human girl to the palace. The reason for doing so will be assumed on individual basis and more trouble will land up on our doorstep than what we already had.