33. Will you?

#From here on, the story will be told in different POVs. I'll make sure you don't get confused though ;)

Dexter's POV

"Emily" It was a low whisper from my wife.

"You called me, best friend?" Emily turned to flash her smile at Dylan. 

I wanted to break her teeth and bury her in the pits of Tartarus. She didn't deserve to stand in the presence of my family and have any thoughts that she would be accepted again. 

"You are supposed to be dead!" Lucifer said while he looked her from head to toe with visible hatred. 

"Oh. I am dead, sweetheart. Thanks to you. I am an apparition of afterlife or in simple English, a Ghost."

Dylan cleared her throat, "Yo..you came back for what?"

Emily faked concern, "You just stammered, babe? Aren't you the epitome of perfection and sarcasm?"

I could feel Dylan's fear. She once believed this woman to be her best companion and she betrayed her. She was her only family and she proved to be the traitor. You wouldn't be scared to face your enemy. But if the enemy happens to be someone you once loved?

 Can you fight back to save yourself?  No, you cant.

But can you fight back to save others who love you? Yes, you can.

That is what my girl did back then. She fought beyond her capabilities and won her battles, only to have her worst enemy return. And if Emily thought Dylan has to face her alone, she is mistaken.

"You helped Sasha find Desiree? I thought you were one of the hunters" I asked, folding my hands to my chest.

"Yes, Dex" She looked at Dylan, "Can I call him that?"

Dylan's hand formed a fist, "I can kill a ghost all over again if I want to"

"Fine! Peace" Emily laughed, "I still support the hunters. But...Ari did me a favor and I had to do something in return"

She walked to the bed and sat on the edge of it, on the other side of Dylan. However, Dylan moved closer to me, maintaining as much distance as possible from her. I held her hand and gave it a squeeze. She did not have to fear. Emily looked at Dylan's belly and up at Dylan again. It made both of us uncomfortable. We didn't like the idea of the woman being close to our child. If she is a ghost or not is none of my concern. If she lays a finger on my family, she is gone. This time, the ghost wouldn't return too.

Before any one could ask her again, Emily began, "She saved my brother from an accident. He was supposed to get into a flight which crashed very recently. You must have seen it over the news. She prevented him from getting on that flight. She called me back to say that I must help her daughter find Desiree in return for the favor she did on my family..."

"You think of family?" Dylan asked, "You think of anything close to love and togetherness?"

"I am the human. I know more about those emotions than your lot" She said, glaring.

"Right" Dylan rolled her eyes and turned her face away.

"But!" Emily began cheerfully, "Not just Ari, her daughter is a gem too! She willingly let go of you, Lucifer. She knew you were an unstable psychopath way before I could tell her"

"What?! NO! You are the psychopath, Bitch!" Sasha screamed.

Her face was going red and her hands formed very tight fists. Her breathing was visibly heavy and it was taking her a lot of strength to not pounce on Emily and cut her head off. She would have done it if anything useful would happen from that. The girl is a ghost and you can't do anything with a lingering spirit.