35. Black Smoke

Sasha's POV

"If you touch me, I'll just...I'll cut your 'thing' off"

His eyes widened at my unabashed threat. His cute attempts of hiding that smile-which was almost coming out-were distracting me. The amount of water my crying sponsored can bring happiness to a drought prone area. A simple apology and flowers cannot make me feel better.

"If you do that," he coughed to cover his laugh, "You will be at loss. I can't promise you children then and...you have to -"

"Urgghh! Just shut up, okay? I can't even scold you without hearing theories in return"

Lucifer sat on 'his' king size bed and stared at the innocent me who was standing by his door, refusing to get any closer to him. Yes, I will marry him. But that is only to prove that my love has always been unconditional and faithful. I have no interest in the title of a 'Lady' or want to enjoy the luxuries of his palace. I do not want to be part of his council or show off as the daughter of Ari. I'll just keep him safe from the hunters and deal with my own business.  

He got up and stretched his body. Let me mention that he had no shirt on and his muscles flexed beautifully with the motion. He tilted his head from side to side and put both his hands into his jeans pockets in the front. He sighed and started to take baby steps towards me.

Run!

But you want to stay

You are supposed to be angry

He is hot !

He will burn you!

Ever seen a melting marshmallow? It is satisfying.

He cleared his throat and said, "Penny for your thoughts?"

"No" I snapped, but my croaking voice gave me away, "It costs more than that"

He chuckled and only stood a foot away from me now. His eyes held me in place and my nerves were jumping with excitement. My own body was betraying me and I had no way to stop it. 

"What do you want then?"

You.

But I'm not foolish that I'll let my stupid heart speak for me. My mind has enough sense to chastise the silly heart that Luc had been an arse for three days straight. He asked me to marry him not because he wants me to spend the rest of eternity with him but thought I'd leave him and run to the la la Land. He wanted to keep me caged! 

As he approached me, my heart beat grew and my breathing pattern changed. I could feel his proximity even before he came close enough to touch me. That 'look' he was giving me was driving every hormone in my body to ecstasy. 

"This is wrong"

"Love has no rules, dear."

"If someone finds out? If...If they blame me for what I had done?" 

"Just tell them you love me."

I pushed him away from me.

"Whoa!" Lucifer complained, "You don't have to be so rude"

My eyes searched the room to see if I'd find someone else.

"Didn't you hear those voices?"

He frowned, "What voices?"

"That girl and that...man. You didn't hear them? She was so scared!"

Lucifer held me by my shoulders and forced me to look at him, "What are you talking about? Wait, don't tell me you are seeing Emily again!"