7. Unexpected conversations

=> Finally!! The first cross over!

One week Later

"Oh fuck! Just stop it, will you?" Sean shouted, "He is not my father!"

Huh. Like I am going to buy his bullshit. Of course I am smart enough to understand how things work. I even did my research. It has been a while I took my dosage of drugs, but I do have some reliable contacts back at the bar. My favorite bartender Minnie has told me how John McCarty's son went missing and he is desperately waiting for him to come back or to be found by his men. She did not know anything else though. John never trusts anybody outside his close circle. What with the police and the media behind his ass all the time. 

I know Sean is a very different person from what John is. He must be hating his dad for what he does for a living. But shouldn't he as a son remember that this very profession of his dad is the reason for him to be extremely rich and bossy? He has the series of cards, cash, branded clothes and tons of attitude because of how hard his dad worked to build the underworld empire. Nothing in the mafia happens without John getting his hands on it. He is the King and will always be.

I know. Sean wants his father to change, give up the wicked work and join him to ulala land and never turn back to the dark side. He wants a life where he would be respected and adored and not chased by CID investigators. Maybe his dad does not want to do that and is angry that his son is not comprehending his status? He was also missing his son since they haven't talked in three years and downright refused to accept Sean's offer of escape which hurt Sean beyond recovery? Now, this explains the message completely.

"Sean...why do you catch on to anger so easily? He is your dad" I tried to reason.

He was flipping through a magazine and stopped abruptly when I said that.

"At least not as quickly as you catch up to stupidity!" 

"What's stupid about suggesting a son to go back to his dad?"

"He is not my dad, Sasha!!"

There you go again.

I know how this is going to end. He will realize that the bond he shares with his father is more than the profession he is in and will wish to go back to him. He will come running to me and confess about how much he wants to be by his father's side. I will console him, tell him he did a terrible mistake but his dad will understand. I will get him a pastry, order a pizza and a coke with his own money and offer it to him. He will tell me how great a person I am and he is extremely thankful to meet me. 

Finally, when he asks for my help....I'll say NO.

The reason is simple. He is an arrogant chimpanzee who knows not how to respect a woman. He thinks shouting at me and glaring at me will make him win the arguments. He will have to beg me, bribe me and cry before me to earn my agreement. I promise, even then he won't be getting it.

Filthy, pig-headed and useless MEN!

"There are no groceries in the house" I said to him.

He gave me a side way glance, "That secretary of Vicktoria didn't show up?"

"No" I continued to munch on the potato chips.

"You need groceries for every three days. Stop eating like a millionaire when you are a beggar in reality" He eyed my chips.

I gasped, "You..." I couldn't find a word to describe how much I hated him, "You son of John! Don't you dare comment on my appetite"

That did it. The mention of his dad brought the color back to his face.