20. Mistakes are healthy

"You are beyond crazy! You are an idiot! You have no idea about-" A pause, "About anything at all! How can...you are...just how...now..."

I'm thirsty.

That is what I wanted to tell him.

I thought Lucifer died and I did what came to my mind then. The world just dimmed and there was absolutely no way I could take to live peacefully. I felt hollow like my emotions were forcefully vacuumed out. Right then, I thought I belonged with Lucifer even if that meant I had to travel to hell. But when Lucifer pounced on me as soon as I opened my eyes, I almost thought hell had made him a lunatic. Precisely, it took me 45 seconds to realize he meant to hug me and not strangle me to unconsciousness. 

He did not die. Apparently, the hunter gang which came by pulled me out of the car and set the car on fire while Lucifer and Elizabeth still lied inside. The suffocation and steamy air waked Lucifer and he was quick to manipulate the fire off of both of them. I wondered how the hunters were so foolish, they did not do some research regarding Lucifer's powers. However, he did not seem happy about me lying peacefully on this softy bed of his. He kept throwing me these uncomfortable looks and guilty vibes emanated out of him. I had no idea how I knew about that. But it felt like I could figure him out better than before and predict what he is going to say even before he actually does.

Lucifer was obviously way too angry about me shooting myself. He emphasized that it is a childish, useless and irresponsible decision. I had no idea what consequences I will be facing now and he is so certain I won't take them graciously. I wondered what he was blabbering about. I mean all that matters to me is that I'm alive and safe, sleeping on his cozy bed. He is under some tension spell which does not let him take a sigh of relief. 

"I'm..." I tried to interrupt his angry outburst, "I'm...thirsty"

His head turned to me and his body froze. His lips formed a cute 'oh' and he clapped his hands. A servant rushed in immediately and bowed. Lucifer told him to get me a glass of 'it'. The servant threw me a sympathetic look and left the room after another bow. 

As soon as the servant stepped out, Julian stepped in. He made no attempts to show any kind of worry or fake concern on his face. That smirk stayed plastered as he saw Lucifer and me glaring at each other.

"You told her, Little boy?" He asked Lucifer.

"Nope" Lucifer turned away from me.

 Was it to hide the emotion in his eyes or avoid answering the questions I'm going to ask?

"How many days was I unconscious?"

Both of them simply looked at each other. Julian was waiting for Lucifer to answer and that man didn't want to. It was very clear from his demeanor. I did not understand why he was avoiding the topic. It is done and over. What is the point of crying over why I shouldn't have done what I did.

"One day. You were unconscious for a day" Julian finally answered.

I gasped and stared at him incredulously. He must be kidding me.

When I looked down at my stomach, I found no wounds. Not even a single bandage. I lifted the hem of my t-shirt to check if the wound marks stayed. It was as if the injuries never happened. The skin was clean and soft, unscathed and perfect. I narrowed my eyes at the both of them. They owed me an explanation.

"Before you kill us with those judgy eyes..." Julian chuckled, "I would like to ask you few questions"

"NO! This can happen later. She needs to...she is thirsty" Lucifer interrupted. A sort of sadness engulfed his voice.