28. Just how?

"Can you open your eyes? I'm out of stock!"

I jolted up and immediately held my head.

"Aww..." It hurt bad. So bad like a boulder had just broke into two pieces after landing on it. I took a deep breath and tried to calm my rising heartbeat. I slowly opened my eyes to look at my surroundings. The place was unknown to me. It was small and untidy. Clothes lied everywhere, on the table, on the floor, hanging down the ceiling fan. The hall smelled of a mix of dust, room freshener and coffee.

I looked below me to see that I was sleeping on a couch, covered by a warm, brown, furry blanket. Just then a man in his mid fifties entered the room. He had untidy, long, white hair. Unlike Julian, his looked like they were uncut because of laziness. He wore a black t-shirt and shorts. He was blowing into the hot cup of coffee in his hands. I could smell it across the room, making me feel more queasy than I already was.

"What?" He said when he noticed me staring at him, "I don't have anymore blood"

The words left me shocked.

"Wh...What did you say?" My voice cracked in the middle. It did not sound like mine at all. I felt weak and wounded, my whole body felt like it was crushed in a mixer.

"I said I fed you enough blood already and I dont have it anymore."

"You know what I am?"

He lifted his eyes from the coffee and gave me a sharp look, "I do"

"What's your name?"

"What'z yours?" He asked me back.

I didnt want to tell him. At this point in my life, I cant trust anybody. Not even a strange old man who rescued me and fed me blood to save my life. No. Not happening.

"I asked you first"

Sorry. I couldnt come up with anything better.

"Ladies first?"

I guess he couldnt too.

"I'm..."

Who who who who

"I'm...Princess Ariana Andriez Stella Geraldious"

Fuck! What does that even mean? I wanted to laugh at myself for coming up with such a stupid name but then I felt proud that I could up with something at all that instantly.

"You are a vampire princess?"

"Yes. Now tell me who you are"

"How are you a princess?"

What does he mean how am I a princess?

"Im the daughter of the ruling King and Queen. Now your turn. Im not answering any more questions."

He looked shocked but quickly that was replaced by a smirk. I dont think Dexter and Dylan are so old to have a daughter of my age but this old man shouldnt know about them anyway. Maybe he had some knowledge about the vampire world and thats why he managed to recognise me. But...that cant happen. Vampires do not look any different from humans. Then how did he manage to spot me so effortlessly.

"Dont be so shocked. Im known as 'Big G' here. You can call me that too."

"How did you know Im a vampire?"

"Ive dealt with a few of you. Been associated with them for a while and trust me...i didnt like them much. Selfish and ungrateful lot."

Even though my blood boiled at his words, I controlled my anger and focused on the pain surging through my body. I did not have any visible wounds but internally it felt like hell. Big G told me I could rest and he has some job to do. He left the house and I stayed on the couch thinking about the series of events that took place.