18. It's a Name

"This is why I don't drive youngsters around" Elizabeth complained behind the wheel.

That did not bother me or Lucifer. We were busy doing what we were best at, what we loved to do every moment of every second. The only thing we have in mind most of the time, no matter where we happened to be.

We kissed and kissed and kissed and kissed.

His lips and my lips...they did not know any other language. The uneasiness was long gone and now we did not mind making out even in the presence of Elizabeth. Lucifer even made sure she promises that she wont tell this to Julian. He can be a headache when he wants to.

"At least, set your clothes right and look less like animals when we approach Miranda's place"

Our giggles were her answer.

Of course, we would set ourselves right when we reach there. We do not want to come out as some random teenagers with a high sex drive chasing behind a non-existent dream. And Lucifer has to make sure to live up to the standards of the King's brother.

Miranda is our only key to finding information regarding the prophecy. Even though we had no idea regarding what the prophecy might contain, Dexter told us it can turn out to be a weapon to end the hunters. Apparently, Dylan found a similar prophecy four years ago and that turned out to be very helpful to make her the Queen. When I asked Lucifer what the prophecy was, he tensed and cleverly changed the topic. I let it go thinking he would let me know if it is needed.

"This is where my route map ends" Elizabeth turned to us and frowned.

"Umm...Sasha?"

"Yes, Elizabeth?"

She tried to suppress her laughter but failed miserably, "Your shirt is torn"

I gasped and looked down at my black blouse. The first button came out and one side of my shirt was torn. I glared at Lucifer. He winked at me and shrugged.

"It is his fault! I'm so sorry!"

Elizabeth asked me not to apologize, "If Miranda asks about it...tell her you got into a fight on your way. It won't be hard to believe"

What does that mean? I look like someone who easily gets into rash fights?

My expression made Lucifer laugh. He bent down to place a small kiss on my cheek.

"Don't pout so much...we have business to do and I don't want to be distracted"

I glared at him and tried very hard to keep my eyebrows knitted and not give in to his charm and sweet talk. I am supposed to be very angry. How can he be so absentminded?

Were you in your senses when he was all over you?

Umm....Well...never mind.

We stepped out of the car and the morning heat hit us in the face. Because of the palace's air conditioned rooms, the little amount of light was also making me uncomfortable and hot. 

"This is a nightmare, Elizabeth" Lucifer said from beside me. 

I was examining my torn shirt which didn't seem so bad if I could manage to keep it hidden by standing in certain angle and sitting with a certain posture. I looked up to his comment and saw what he was looking at. It was my turn to open my mouth and gawk at the house.

Is that a house or a children's orphanage? 

Because a battalion of kids were running around the tiny square house, making weird noises and shouting at each other. It was a mes with kids ranging from two to twelve. I asked Elizabeth if she was sure about the address because a fortune-teller can't have such a normal looking cozy house with children as pets. Elizabeth seemed very sure. People who often come to meet Miranda told Elizabeth that the woman lived here since ages.