30. The Prophecy

"I don't think this is the right time." Julian whispered to Desiree. 

But then, it was audible to me and it did not make me feel any better. I haven't slept last night and endured the constant babble of Big G. The old man wanted us to get our asses out of his house. He cannot tolerate one vampire alone and has to deal with two now. I do not blame him considering how much of an headache Julian can be. Even his constant complaining felt nice, like a distraction from the sound of my breaking heart. I was with my phone the whole night, trying to call Lucifer in vain.. He wouldn't take my calls or respond to my messages. Julian tried calling him too. As if he knew that he was with me, he would cut his calls too. Neither Julian nor Desiree knew how to deal with me. I wouldn't stop crying and Big G wouldn't stop complaining. After a point, they retired to their room on my insistence and I kept thinking about my rotten fate.

"But...I don't know..." Desiree looked at me and sighed.

"The prophecy and my personal life are two different things, Desiree. I don't like mixing them up" I told her firmly.

 I was glad my voice did not shake. Otherwise, Julian would have taken that one reason to start pointing out why the prophecy must not be told today. I do not know why he is so worried about it. The hunters wouldn't know that Desiree told me the prophecy or a meteor wouldn't land on our heads once it is spoken. The man needs to get a grip. 

"Okay...I decided I would speak it today but...Sasha, it won't be the same again. Ever"

"Done. Accepted" I was surprised at how emotionless my voice sounded. Like it was a stone speaking and not a being which can breath and move.

Julian shrugged and got into work. He pulled the arm chair forward, making sure no other piece of furniture or stuff is immediately beside it. He pulled out a marker from his pocket and drew a circle around the arm chair and told Desiree to remember the void and she nodded. I looked at the entire episode with knitted eyebrows. I knew that they knew what they were doing and I must stay quiet and let them do whatever is needed. But I did not think Big G would like them doing graffiti on his floor. But then, that is what they were doing. Desiree took the marker from Julian and began drawing some kind of figures inside the circle. 

It looked like a triangle with a lightening mark in the center. It could also be a wave. I was not very sure because the drawing wasn't that clear. Either Desiree is bad at drawing or the symbol is supposed to be so confusing. She then drew few curved lines around the triangle which looked more like flames and few tiny curves above the flames which mostly looked like air.  

"Done" She declared.

"Big G is in the kitchen, right?" I managed to ask.

"I'll deal with him" Julian said.

I'm very well aware of how he deals with people. 

Desiree gave me one last look, as if to ask if it is okay to continue. Without any hesitation, I nodded. She smiled and turned to Julian.

"Don't panic" She told and kissed him on his cheek.

"I'll try..." Julian said.

I wondered what was there to panic.  Julian slowly came to stand beside me and Desiree sat on the arm chair.

"She won't tell me to not panic?" I asked Julian.

Julian scoffed, "Because she knows you will panic anyway"

I threw him a sharp look which he conveniently ignored.

Big G emerged out of the kitchen to see the disaster on his floor. But surprisingly, he did not say anything and came to stand on the other side of me.