45.2 - Final Ending

It has been a week since the war caused a lot of disturbance. The next morning after the war, the place was a catastrophe. It was like someone dropped a nuclear bomb on our kingdom. The news of the King's death was declared to the council while Dylan rested in her chambers. She did not open her eyes until three days later. Delan along with Elizabeth and George returned to the palace. No one knew how to break the news to little Delan. He was under the impression that his mom was ill and his dad went to get the medicines. He was happy and smiling that he can now go out and play. We didn't want to burst his happy bubble until the official announcement will be made after Ari returns.

Julian is broke and definitely dwelling in depression. His never-ending drinking habit is the needed proof. He just can't accept the fact that Desire is gone. Evelyn was trying her best to help boost his mood, only to be scolded and kicked out of his room. She is not the old bitchy barbie either. She took goblets of blood for him, brought soups. She brought him books from the library, offered her music CDs. He wouldn't let her talk to him about anything so she wouldn't really sit down to make conversation. Even though he manages to speak to us in a conversational tone, he blocks her like she were a pest. Though it hurts her a lot, she smiles and walks away without a word. I did not know Evelyn was capable of Love. But what she has for Julian is just pure and calm. She can be his savior if only he will let it happen.

One night, after we got into bed and cuddled closer to each other, I asked Lucifer, "can a vampire survive without his mate?"

"Yes. But very rare"

"Can they fall in love again?"

Luc sighed, "Is this about Julian and Evelyn?"

"Just asking"

"There were times that happened too. But very rare again. If they do not die of depression then maybe they can"

"If I die, you will love someone else and marry them, okay?"

He sprang away from me like I bit him or something, "What did you say?"

"You heard me!"

"You are planning to kill yourself because I refused to have sex with you yesterday? We can have it today! Damn, we can have it now!"

I looked at him like he lost it completely, "I'm not such a big sex freak like you! I was saying in general"

"Oh. And in general, you are not going to die anytime soon"

"I'll die when I'm a 158 maybe"

"Then maybe I'll think about marrying a hot chick! Shagging the same girl for a century and a half is going to bore me"

I punched him in the stomach.

"Fuck, Sasha! That was hard" He groaned.

"You deserve it"

And now, we are waiting in the council room, along with Julian, Evelyn, Carter, and Dylan. Since Ari is going to arrive, the council is not welcome. Aldridge made it a point that no one gets a hint that the Goddess is to arrive. Not that we are against seeing her, she just didn't mention anything about being okay with making a public appearance.

"I don't want to sit on this throne," Dylan said for the 50th time.

"You are still the Queen" Lucifer pointed out and moved closer to me as if he was expecting her to throw something at him. He was the one who kept pestering her to sit on the throne since morning. He forced her to dress up and look more presentable. If not, all this week Dylan looked like a lost animal with shabby hair and pale skin.

"I never sit here without your brother, Luc." Her voice broke in between.

"And I totally understand why"