9. Bigger Mess

If someone told me that I would be a part of a car chase in a SUV, with a man who looks like a Greek god and enemies holding shiny revolvers, I would have laughed and walked away. Not even in my nightmares did I see such a magnitude of fuckedupness. The men were all around us. The ones in the cars behind us started to hit the horn like crazy lunatics who ran away from an asylum. The men in the front held the guns and posed like they were waiting for us to click their pictures. And the idiot on the top was at a whole other level. He started jumping on the roof of the car like it was a trampoline. It is a fucking SUV for God's sake! I can settle down with the money I'd get if I sell this car.

"Sasha, take my phone" Sean said.

I stared at him confused, "Is it part of your will? You are seriously giving your phone to me? NO! I won't let them kill you, Sean."

He smirked, "You wish. Stop overreacting and take my phone. Dial the contact 'C head'

C head. Yeah right. 

Why did I not expect another bar code to decipher? But it wouldn't be wise to argue about his fetish with saving contacts with short codes now. If I wanted to live, It is better if I follow what Sean says. It seems like he knows better than me for once. 

I searched through his contacts and found the 'C head'. I realized there are two numbers saved under that name and asked Sean which one I should be calling. He was glaring at the men standing in the front and told me to make a call to any one of those numbers without breaking eye contact with them. I nodded and hit the first number.

"It is ringing" I told him.

One of the men before us noticed me making the call and shot at us. I screamed but managed to have my grip over the phone.

"They do not want us to make any calls" I told Sean.

"I know. Don't get scared. The car is bullet proof and these idiots have the oldest type of revolvers I had ever seen in my life time"

Those metal pieces are old? Then I am absolutely not interested to see how ruthless and intimidating the new models would look. And how did Sean know about this revolver business when he is not the son of John McCarty?

Obviously, Sasha. Don't be so dumb. Just because he is not John McCarty's son, it does not mean he is not the son of some other mafia don or drug dealer. Or he could be the son of an army officer. His parents could be into great business ventures and had bodyguards around them all the time ans Sean would have had a nice, small chat with them regarding the guns they carried when he was a child. 

"Hello? I'm honored to have received your call after years, Sir" The 'C head' said to me.

He sounded like a man in his 50s or 60s. His voice was deep and knowing. It was like the knowledge and morals would automatically get transferred from his voice to my ear and I would be the most wise woman in the world in no time. 

"Is he on the line?" Sean hissed.

"Ye..Yeah"

"Give me the phone." He ordered.

It doesn't matter where we were. Even if we happened to be very close to the doors of death, no one gets to order Sasha around. More importantly, a man does not get to order Sasha. I would have handed him the phone nicely if he had requested me properly. I am not his personal assistant r a worker in his huge mansion that he would order me around. I knew he needs t talk to this old man and that is our key to escaping from this labyrinth. But that does not mean I'll take this freaking guy's orders!

I pulled the phone out of his reach and hit on the bluetooth connect.

"Speak" I ordered him.