11. Discovering the past

"Oh"

"Huh?" I was so shocked, I asked him to repeat what he said. 

And he repeated the same thing, "Oh"

I expected him to get up and scream about disloyalty, how I lied to him and locked him in the house against his will when I already had a husband, how I was being a bossy woman when I'm supposed to be damsel in distress. 

But what I got is a simple 'Oh'.

"Are you not angry with me?" I asked, without looking at him.

He sighed, "I am angry with your ex-husband but not you. No, I'm not angry with you"

I frowned, "How do you know he is my ex-husband?"

"You said 'Michael was my husband'...'was' is past tense, I'm sure?"

I nodded. Clever boy. Very attentive even.

I didn't know what to say after that. Now he knows that I faced domestic violence, I was a weakling who couldn't stand up and speak against her husband. I let him do all the evil things to me because I thought my life would be over without him. I didn't know how to be independent and strong. Will Sean ever like a girl who was such a big loser?

"Sasha, I want you to tell me what happened between you and Michael. I...want to know"

"Does it matter?" I asked, wrapping the sheets around me. For some reason, it was very cold.

"Yes, it does to me. No one gets to hurt you..." He paused, "No one gets to hurt anyone."

"He hurt me. In fact, I let him hurt me...It is over now"

He opened his mouth to say something but Sienna came in with a tray in her hands. She smiled and said she brought chicken soup for me. For once, I was glad she came in the right time. I didn't want to tell the entire story to Sean because I'm positive he will run far away from me if he knows. He will not hesitate to kill me before leaving either. And what could be more hurtful than seeing hate in the eyes of the person you started to like? I don't know if Sean likes me or not, but I definitely know he is very special to me. Someone I started to trust after Garett. I do not want to lose him under any circumstances.

Sienna helped me with placing the tray carefully on my lap after spreading a napkin it. She offered to feed me the soup but Sean was quick to interrupt, "I will do it. You should go get some sleep, Sienna"

 "No! Sienna, you are not going"

Sean glared at me, "Sienna, you are going!"

"Umm..." She looked at the both of us.

"Sienna, you know how much I adore you? How can you leave without feeding me this soup?"

"I can do that too" Sean retorted.

"I don't want you to do that"

"Well, you don't have a choice!"

"But  I do have a choice!' Sienna shut the both of us. 

She looked at me lovingly and said, "I'm sorry, Sasha. I can't disobey Sean for urm..few reasons. I'll come back later"

I protested. I begged her to stay but then Sean's glare was directed at her and she knew not to mess with him. I don't know what is his problem! I do not want to tell him about my past and I'm sure he will bombard me with questions once she is out. And is he the King of Britain that he would...

Holy shit! That is it!

"You are British!" I screamed at Sean.

Both Sienna and Sean stared at me, startled.