15. Don't do that to me

#A quicker updated than expected.

The place was a complete mess.

The body lied on the creamy white floor and the blood pooled around his head. His body was still and his face was to the other side.

I held my breath and stared at the scene with horror. Delan began to cry behind me and Dylan ordered Heath to take him away. The big man followed her instructions immediately. He had a bluetooth in his ear and he whispered into it while he walked away with the tiny prince in his arms.

I noticed Dylan was gripping my hand very tightly. Thankfully, her nails were not digging into my skin. I looked up to see her face and frowned when she gulped and turned away from the scene. Lucifer came to stand on the other side of me and his gaze wavered too. He couldn't get himself to lock his eyes at that specific spot.

Dexter exhaled sharply and took steps towards the body. But they were slow and hesitant. That is when I understood what was making them uncomfortable.

Human Blood

The man lying on the polished floor was a human.

Dexter, being the King and all, had to take the authority and step forward even if he felt as uncomfortable as any other vampire in the room. He got very close when a group of people rushed inside and surrounded us.

They had swords and armors. They were strong and tall, but not as tall as Heath. They surrounded Dexter and examined the crime scene. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. It was a lot to take in at once.

"How did this happen when you were guarding the place?" Dexter's voice was hard ice cutting through the flesh of the soldiers.

One of them, the leader probably, came forward and confirmed that no one came in or went out under his watch. He said their red convertible was the only thing which was allowed inside the gates since weeks.

Lucifer sighed beside me, "Your Majesty, we should get rid of the body"

Dylan gave a very low approval from beside me.

Dexter turned around and nodded at his brother.

The soldiers did not wait for their king to speak the words. They began to lift the body up from the floor, making the blood drip from his head. And then I noticed the man move his fingers. I gasped and held on to Lucifer. He placed his hand over mine, trying to comfort me.

"He moved" I whispered to him.

"You sure?"

"Yes, Lucifer! I saw his fingers move"

To prove my point, the man started to make tiny noises. The soldiers froze and Dexter ran to the man. He ran like fucking flash and he was there in less than a second. He turned the man's face towards us and I had to hold on to Lucifer to not fall back in shock.

The man's eyes opened very slowly and he squinted to see us clearly. When he saw me, he gave a weak smile and opened his mouth to say something. But he began coughing and spit out more blood.

I wanted to run as far away as possible. Because this had never been something I imagined would happen. I had other explanations and theories. This was no match to what I had thought. The man raised his hand and Dexter held on to it before it could land on the floor with a thud. He was pointing at me or to be more precise, asking me to come closer.

I never wanted to go near him again.

I never wanted to see him again.

But now...