38. Under the Shots

Sasha's POV

I can't believe this is happening.

Firstly, my mother's words kept ringing in my ears. I have to know more about that Arianna and her boyfriend. I have no idea how they will help us fight the hunters. On top of it, Dylan seems to be way too edgy these days. Not that any of us blame her. With her child gone, abusive father back and a sudden revelation of the lost mother, she has so much to deal with. Dexter objected to go forward with the plan but she was adamant on doing it.

Today.

And that brings us back to what I said before.

I can't believe this is happening.

"You are supposed to act less scared, you know. We are a couple happily shopping for our wedding" Lucifer smiled and put a hand around my shoulders.

I pretended to smile, "While I know why we are 'really' here"

The wedding shopping is a veil to cover our real intentions. Dexter received a tip from somewhere that the hunters are in maximum number in this area of the city. Dylan thought instead of letting them come and ruin us when we are least prepared, going to their land and fighting our battle is better.

"If we manage to destroy at least few of them, it might be a advantage to us later" She reasoned with us.

Well, we couldn't say no. We couldn't hurt her. I know it sounds absurd to agree with her just because she has so much on her plate currently. But if we go by the past, Dylan's intuitions are never wrong.

So, here we are roaming around the mall, pretending to be shopping while waiting for the hunters to attack. The plan is to make sure the hunters think we are unprotected. We brought Heath and few other men for security. Dylan made an official announcement in the Kingdom that we were getting married. The council showed no excitement seeing how their lives must be of more value to them than our wedding. But few of them understood the reason behind Dylan's announcement. Dylan wanted the hunters to think we were relaxing. We have our wards back and the wedding is what we need after our major fall out a week ago. The hunters knew everything through their sources. if only I knew who that fucking spy of theirs is.

The hunters will definitely attack us today. Because we have what they want served on a golden plate with nutella topping. 

The King and the Queen.

Unprotected.

Dylan and Dexter will not leave us alone, would they? 

Heath and three other men are of no match before 6 or 7 hunters who might be armed with deadly weapons. We won't last for more than ten minutes. But the twist in the tale is that we can never be unprotected as long as Dylan is with us. 

And me.

I realized that I can communicate with the shadows as well. But I am less experienced than her. Though the shadows follow my orders and listen to what I have to say, I do not know how to channel them like she does.

"We are supposed to create a scene so that Heath and the men can send the other customers out of the mall" Lucifer whispered into my ear. 

For people looking from far, it would seem like he just placed a peck on my cheek. It was a dull Monday morning. The crowd in the mall was very less seeing how everybody must be busy with schools and offices. The old citizen crowd along with few couples were the only thing keeping the mall alive. I hope Heath can inconspicuously get them out. The Mall isn't huge or extravagant. It was simple and small, fewer clothing shops and accessories stalls were present. 

How do I create a scene in this small space? Place a bomb or sing the Christmas Carol? Or do you want me to dance to hakuna matata? 

"Look at that!"