25. Promise

"Who the hell is screaming?" Luc murmured in his sleep.

That sounded so much like...nobody?

The voice was unfamiliar and alien. But it definitely belonged to a lady. She kept screaming about responsibilities, uselessness and God knows what not. I held my head and winced because of the amount of headache that unwelcome voice was causing.

"I guess we need to check..." I yawned and wrapped my hand around Lucifer's waist who was facing towards the other side from me. I propped my chin over his shoulder and looked at his happily sleeping face.

"Luc?"

"Hmm?"

"There is someone screaming.."

"Their loss" he mumbled.

I chuckled softly and shook him, "They are screaming in our house"

"Screw all of that. Do you think I care!?"

This new voice which emerged from the hall caught our attention.

It belonged to Julian.

Lucifer snapped out of his sleep and rubbed his eyes like a cute kitten. I would have admired his adorable actions if not for the brewing fight outside. Whoever this lady was, if she thought shouting at Julian would help her in any way, she is up for a major surprise. Swollen vocal cords and ruptured cranial nerves with a huge hospital bill is what she'd get.

We both stepped out of Julian's cozy bed and moved towards the door at the same time. The sounds only grew louder and more irritating as we stepped out. And it was there for us to see. Julian sat on the arm chair like he intends to not give a damn about what the fat lady in front of him was screaming about. She on the other hand looked like she'd punch him and break his bones if it was legal. The only thing the woman didn't know is his nature.

He is the predator and she is the prey.

"Will you calm down, Ma'am?" Sienna who happened to be standing behind Julian's place of seating, said, "I am sure this wont repeat again"

"I would have believed you" The woman glared at Sienna and with utmost loathing and disgust turned to Julian, "if not for this useless animal out here. Look at his hair....don't you have money to cut them short? Do you want me to do it for you?"

I covered my laugh with a cough and Lucifer nudged me from the side, warning me not to laugh.

Then Julian looked sharply at the arrogant, fat, old lady, "With the amount of money I have, I can set your stinky pants on fire and no body would know about it"

The lady's face grew visibly red and if I had not interrupted, some bones would have been definitely broken.

"Whoa whoa" I ran to stand between the two of them, " What happened?"

"Ask this mud piece!" She pointed an accusing finger at Julian.

I turned to Julian, raising an eyebrow.

"I happened to have few bears last night. Since you both occupied my room, I had to stay in yours. I threw the bottles out and thought they must have fallen in our garden...."

"But they fell on mine!" The lady fumed, "on my rose plants! The branches are broken!"

"Apologize" I told Julian, firmly.

He looked at me for a while. I thought he would refuse to do so but he got up and started to move out of the house.

The three of us looked at each other while the lady threw her hands up into the air and glared at Julian's back. We followed him out of the house. The lady lived in the house on to our left side and a fence separated her house from ours. Julian stood facing the fence and after few seconds nodded his head and began to climb the fence and knelt to the other side.