3. Mr.Husband

"Excuse me, Vicktoria. Can you give us a minute?" I dragged him towards my bedroom while he kept screaming words like 'traitor', 'witch', 'manipulator' at me.

Vicktoria nodded and gave me the look of sympathy. She thinks I have unresolved issues with my husband. That is the reason I stay away from him. 

As soon as I shut the door, he tossed me on to the bed and I gasped. He was freaking strong! What does he eat? Rocks and stones?!

"What did you tell her?! I can't marry a girl like you!"

"Neither can I marry a guy like you!"

A guy in general. 

"Then why did you lie to her?!" He ran his hand through his hair and sighed in frustration.

"It is a big story" I said in a low voice.

"I think we have time and I deserve to know"

I threw my purse at him. He caught it and frowned. I urged him to open it and he did it without asking any questions. As expected, it was empty. He shook it to see if a coin would fall out. I must say he was very disappointed.

"I am not from Seattle. When I came here, I had no place to stay. Then I went house hunting and I met Vicktoria. She wanted someone who would take good care of her house and didn't want to rent the house to just anybody. She thought she could trust me with it."

"How is this related to you lying?"

"It is. She handed me a clause paper to sign when I shifted here. She told me I should be vacating if I fail to fulfill any one of those rules. I did not pay attention and blindly signed it. But then..."

"Then?"

I glared at him, "Will you wait till I complete?"

He nodded.

"She came the next week asking me where my husband was. I was shocked and my drugs were making me crazy too. I realized she wrote it down that she'd lend the house to only married couples."

"Why?" He went to sit on the chair which had my clothes on it. He simply threw them to the floor and made himself comfortable. I would have ripped his head off for that but I needed him. 

"She didn't want single men or women getting dates every night and causing inconvenience to the neighbors. And she had this notion that single people keep the house untidy"

"I bet she did not see your room yet" He wrinkled his nose.

"I'm trying to not strangle you. Try being nice?"

He leaned back,"With you? I'll think of trying. Continue."

Bastard.

"So...I lied to her that my husband and I have issues and he'd come back eventually. She seemed to buy it then"

"When was this then?"

"One year ago. And two days ago she showed up and asked me to call my husband so that she can help resolve our issues. I told her I can't get him back and she told me she can't go against her norms. I decided to vanish last night but...but YOU! You brought me back!"

He sprang up and pointed an accusing finger at me, "Can't you rent another place?"

I glared back at him, "That is why I showed you my purse! I'm bankrupt!"

He muttered about stupid norms and beggars. If he meant the last word for me, I tried not to pay attention to it. I would seriously stab him with a very sharp knife this time.