22. Who is the Killer

"I hope you will be able to do this one job I give you" Dexter said as he sat on his throne.

Julian raised one of his eyebrows and scoffed, "You never trust me enough to see my talent"

Dylan sighed and interrupted, "Why did I not expect you fools to fight again?"

Dylan seemed to be strong enough to step out of her room and move around the palace. Dexter still objected because she needed rest in her pregnancy state. But Dylan was insistent that she will be in the courtroom to give us a proper send off.

Dexter thought it would be better to send Julian along. Just in case, we needed an extra hand in defending ourselves. But the bitter past between the two men never lets them talk in peace.

"I think Julian can stay back. We can manage ourselves, Your Highness" Lucifer told Dexter.

A sharp look from Dexter shut him up. And so I did not dare object again.

"But why Julian?" I asked.

I know if Julian was a serious and systematic person like all other council members, he would have been offended by my question. Since I know I don't have to fear about such things with him, I had the guts to ask.

Dexter smiled, "I wanted to send someone along with you two and Julian volunteered"

I gasped and turned to Julian, "Seriously?"

"Are you thinking I'm incapable of protecting you?"

To be honest, Yes.

Firstly, Lucifer dealt with fire. A very strong power compared to Julian's water.

Secondly, he is more creepy than dangerous. He is more hot than intimidating. If you like the guys with long hair and mysterious attitude with tons of overconfidence, you will be all over Julian.

"Ahhh!" Lucifer beside me screamed in pain.

I quickly reached out to him. He had his hands around his body, clutching it and fell to the floor.

"What's wrong!?" I panicked.

And just as soon as it came, the pain was gone. He stopped screaming and took deep breaths.

"You still think I'm incapable, Daughter of Ari?"

I glared at him, "You did that?"

He smiled proudly, "Yes"

Though I was angry that he did that to Lucifer, I was curious to know how he did it. Does he have powers apart from water? Well, I asked him if he does.

"75% of the body is made up water, Sasha. I can do anything with water. Even make it boil for as long as I want. I can even regulate the temperature, by the way. Thank me for being alive, Luc"

Lucifer flashed a fake smile and flipped him off.

"Enough of the demonstrations." Dylan's voiced echoed in the empty courtroom, "You shohld get going. Your residence, accomodations and preferences have been looked into and everything is set in New York" she told us.

I kept wondering what I could do if a tense situation must arise. The men can defend themselves and would not think twice before extending the helping hand towards me. But that does not make me feel any better. I am supposed to be independent. Screaming at a few invisible, irritating outlines can't be taken as a helpful skill. When I expressed the same in front of the Queen, she asked me to wait.

"Time will reveal everything" She said.

We started to walk out towards the main entrance. Our luggage has already been taken care of and the King decided that having the palace know about our departure is not necessary. It was only family. Dexter, Dylan, Delan, Ella and Aldridge. Eventhough Aldridge is technically not part of the royal family, Dylan looks up to him like a father figure. I wondered why Rosina never comes out.