14. Heaven on Earth

Heath.

My dear Heath.

How did I not expect you to burst into the room as soon as you heard the slap? Did you think I will underestimate your devotion towards Lord Lucifer?

"Don't you dare touch me, Heath!" I screamed at him.

Dexter and Sienna were so shocked that they decided not to move even by an inch. Lucifer's cheek was red and he clearly didn't know how to react.

What am I here for?

I will help him feel better and recover. It is my responsibility to make sure that my pseudo husband does not have anything to worry about.

"You back to your senses?" I asked Lucifer.

He did not reply and simply sighed.

"Sasha" Dexter spoke out, "This must be hard for you but-"

"Hard for me?" I laughed hysterically, "It is hard on your brother, Dexter. The whole hunters and wall blast thing made him delusional. He thinks he is a vampire!"

Sienna shifted beside me and held my hand in hers.

"You think he is delusional?" She asked sweetly.

"Obviously duh. That is why I slapped him. It will help him get back to reality and not hyperventilate"

And then Lucifer completely lost it. He started screaming at Dexter that this was the reason he didnt want to tell me the truth. I'm so childish and stupid that I do not have the capability to understand the severity of the situation. I always think the world should revolve according to my comfort.

I should have been angry at him for saying all those nasty things about me. But I was only worried that he was losing his mind. The poor guy had a group of lunatics chasing him and they got so close to bombing him. It is not fair that I start yelling at him as well.

I let him haul his insults at me. I genuinely wanted to see him feel better. For all we know, he might demand us to donate our blood to cure his bloodlust. And that won't be a decent request with two ladies in the room, right?

Dexter started to explain Lucifer in a hushed voice. It seemed like he was asking him to calm down and not act childish himself. Lucifer kept throwing glares at me and arguing with Dexter.

How can Dexter hear what he was saying? He was just moving his lips...

"Don't look at me like that!" Lucifer started to scream at me.

"Like what?" I asked coolly.

"Like...like" He struggled to find the right words, "Like I am dying of cancer!" He finally said.

I looked at Dexter, "He needs medical care. He thinks he has cancer too. A vampire who has cancer? Which level of hallucination is this?"

"Shut the fuck up!" Lucifer groaned and turned to Dexter as well.

Dexter shook his head and muttered something about 'it was so much easier for me'. I was surprised about how they were buying what Lucifer was saying. I had this disbelief over my face but the two of them were explaining to him that I needed more time to adjust to the truth. How are these two encouraging his stupidity?

"Guys...you all..."

I started to have second thoughts.

Dexter was urging him to say something really important. Neither Sienna nor Lucifer ate anything at my place. He would disappear out of no where and get back to tell me he ate outside. They spoke like they belonged to a whole other world. If I go by my new knowledge, Heath works for a big security wing. Apparently, Dexter is the boss of that wing and Sienna happens to be part of the same wing.