8. Hunting It is

"Ha-ha"

"I asked you something, Sasha. I expect you to answer"

"Ha-ha"

He can expect whatever he wants to. But I am not capable of giving him an answer. I had been talking with his Sister In-law and the second he finds out I had touched his phone, he will hang me down my own balcony. And I have no plans of dying before turning 80 with a lots of cats and dogs surrounding me.

"Where's my phone?" He asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"What do I know?" I shrugged and looked away.

He spotted his phone on the table and raced to retrieve it. I blinked at how fast he moved. Or did I just assume that he moved that fast? 

It was like a zap. I was looking at him standing before me and the next thing I know he is typing something animatedly into his phone. I rubbed my eyes and shook my head to see if I am doing okay. He started cursing about how he should have taken his phone along too.

"What? You take your phone into a shower?"

"I was not sho-" He stopped and flipped me off.

I gasped and stormed towards him, "Keep your hands to yourself! And...and...it is none of your business who I speak to on my phone! Arrogant, cheap...Loner!"

He glared at me, "What did you say? Loner!?"

"Yeah! Are you deaf? Can't you hear when I say it once?"

We were so close to each other, nose to nose. Umm...not exactly nose to nose because I'm shorter than him. But the way I glared back at him without flinching under his intense hate made me want to pat myself on the back. 

He was glaring at me and suddenly his face softened. He was looking at my neck. He reached out for me with his hand and I moved away out of reflex. 

He gazed into my eyes and said, "What happened to your neck?"

OH. MY. GOD.

He was not supposed to see that.

I had a long scar starting from the middle of my neck to the left side. The pain that it caused is long gone but every time I look at it, the memories seem to flood my brain. I will need a drink to forget how hard those days were. How much of a foolish idiot I was to think what life I made for myself is heaven.

"I had a small...accident" I lied. 

I did not want to lie to Sean but I did not want to tell him the real reason either. Because then he will start hating me too.

He reached out again to touch the scar and this time I did not stop him. His soft and cold touch sent tickles down my spine, a stupid smile spread on my lips. He was still gazing sadly at my scar, like he cares about my pain. Or at least I wanted to believe that he does. No one except Garett knew how I earned that. They never tried to ask me. Sean is the first one to see beyond my normal face. He is the first one to notice my scars.

"Who did this to you?" 

"Huh?" I was left startled.

"This is a induced wound. Who did this to you, Sasha?" 

How did he? It was..Impossible! He shouldn't have figured that out like he was bloody Sherlock Holmes!

His soft eyes had fire in them. His harsh look intended to declare war against the long scar which made my long neck look unappealing. I hated it too but not to the extend that Sean did. I don't see why he should overreact so much. I mean it is my scar and not his.