EPILOGUE

Dexter's POV

I knew something was wrong when I looked at my brother's face. It was just another grey day when I have to wake up to address my council and ensure them that everything is going great. My own personal life seems like a mystery and that shouldn't be their problem to worry about.

"Why do you look like someone died?" I asked Lucifer as I began to sit upright. Strangely, the arrangement of my chamber changed. Why did they renovate overnight?

"Maybe I look like someone who saw someone die and come back" Lucifer said and hugged me hard. I coughed and accustomed myself to his sudden shower of love.

"Okay?" I frowned, totally confused.

"I'm happy you are back, Dex"

Where did I go in the first place?

"Is the council going to assemble today? Is Evelyn back from her vacation?"

Luc did not answer. He simply looked at me like he found his long-lost gold bracelet. It felt so unusual yet comforting. Who wouldn't want someone to love them? However, I'm surprised he decided to shower me with his buckets of love on this specific day and not any other day.

"Okay...so ask Evelyn to come to the courtroom if she is back." I said and stepped down from my cozy bed. I felt like a small kiddo who didn't want to leave the warmth of his bed to go to school. I chuckled at the thought and turned to Lucifer since I didn't get any response.

"What?" I asked.

"Things changed a lot, Dex"

I raised my eyebrows, "What changed?"

"Evelyn is not the Queen anymore"

"I know I'm not that lucky. Don't humor me."

Lucifer's stance did not change. He was still serious, gazing at me with worry across his face. Why does he make me feel like a patient?

"Luc?"

"You are lucky, brother. Evelyn is not your Queen anymore."

And then the worst hit me. Evelyn stepped down from her position? Did she decide to ditch me and forget our deal? Now I will be overthrown. Julian will leave no stone unturned to send me as far away as possible from the throne. I cant let my people suffer again. Why did she have to do this!? I thought I could trust her with this one thing. How could I be so foolish? How can I let her destroy everything I made of this wrecked place?

When I expressed my fears to Luc, he shook his head and got up from the bed to calm me down.

"No..no...you are still the king. Evelyn is not your queen anymore. I mean to say...someone else is."

"Huh?"

Either he lost his mind or today's 1st of April. I looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table and I was positive it was not April. It was the 28th of November.

28th of November?

I turned back to analyze the date on the clock. The year shocked me.

"Did you mess with my alarm, Luc?"

"No?" Sadly, he looked sincere when he said that.

"The year..." I muttered.

"Dex...actually...so much happened and you don't remember anything"

"How can anything happen overnight?"

I wanted to pull my hair and scream like a maniac and then my brother will finally agree that he is playing a prank. I can throw a tantrum and refuse to come out of this room and then Aldridge will come and make Luc apologize for his cruel actions. This might seem extremely childish and funny to anyone who hears of it but I am in no mood to laugh.