39.It will happen as planned

Lucifer's POV

Do I look dashing?

Do I look irresistible?

Does it even matter?

"Dylan" I started slowly, "I hope you are not losing your mind"

"I am not" she looked at me, "You are. You are supposed to be happy"

"Dexter declared war" I reminded her.

"I know" She pushed me in front of the huge mirror and checked if the new suit complemented my skin tone. She didn't seem convinced. She threw it on the already settled pile on the sofa and retrieved a new suit from the bag.

"You want me to get married when the enemy wants to kill us?"

She shrugged, "Yes"

I wanted to bang my head on the wall. When Dexter and Dylan called me and Sasha for a sudden 'meeting', I thought we were going to discuss the war strategy. But No. Dylan wanted to ask if we wanted to have a themed wedding or keep it simple. Both I and Sasha stared at each other and then at our rulers. They were adamant that we get married as soon as possible and the war headache is for them to handle. Sasha tried to reason but Dylan cut her off and pulled me along with her like she would do with her four year old son. I had two options. Either I comply with her and go along with the wedding preparations or throw tantrums like a kiddo. Throwing tantrums is not the right option when Dylan is involved.

"By the way, Who is Arianna?" Dylan asked.

"Arianna?" I frowned.

"Sasha was asking me if there was any Arianna in the past or present. Mom didn't seem to know too"

I scoffed, "Elizabeth didn't know? Then I guess no one knows."

"Sasha looked worried"

I opened my mouth to say something but shut it immediately, "Worried?"

Dylan nodded.

"Can I go speak to her?"

She eyed me suspiciously and I sighed, "I swear I'll come back to play barbie after I calm her down"

She smiled widely, "Then go"

I quickly made my way out of the room and took in deep breaths. I had never been a dress-up-for-an-event person. Call it the creation of nature or my good luck, I was made to look great in anything I wear. Thus, I never had a problem in getting the girl I want or creating the right kind of impression before others. I walked through the palace, towards our room. As I reached the stairs, I heard Evelyn talking to her father.

"Father, the wedding can't happen! Listen to me for once!"

Paul tsked, "Why do you care about their wedding? It won't do us any good if we stop it."

"It will! It will do me good...Father..."

Paul cut her off, "I don't want to be in the King's bad books anymore. I feel insulted every minute because you can't get rid of your jealous attitude"

"But..."

"Get to work, Evelyn"

I stood on the foot of the stairs, shocked that Paul had the guts to say no to his daughter. It is a miracle that happens once in a 150 years. I never heard him say anything close to a 'No' to her since they moved into the palace.

Evelyn emerged from under the stairs and came face to face with me. Her eyes widened and she looked away, embarrassed. Her cheeks turned red and she tried to cover her face with her hair, clumsily.