17. Screams

"Wait, Vampire" I panted, "I can't run as fast as you..."

Lucifer laughed and held my hand, dragging me along with him. I trust myself to not lose my way in the New York city but not in this palace. I bet I saw three similar types of aisles so far and two rooms which looked exactly the same. And the point that we were running like cheetahs were chasing us was not giving me time to register much of my surroundings to grab on to specific details.

"I thought you wanted to tell me something..." Still panting and running.

"Yes. We need to be there first"

"I'm tired...whoa! What the-"

"You said you were tired?" He winked at me.

He scooped me up into his arms and I locked my hands around his neck, gazing into his weird colored eyes. Can weird be beautiful? Then that's exactly how his eyes were. Are they grey, blue or black? You can't make out. The colors just dance to the tune of his soul. Will I get to dance along too?

For now, the dancing can wait because he was running with me in his arms. An added advantage of the vampire speed was that we were standing in front of a black door in no time. When he sighed, I realized we reached our destination.

"This?" I asked for confirmation.

"This" He said proudly.

He put me down and I flexed my body. I must get used to the vampire transportation soon. I believe this is going to be happening a lot in the coming days. He snapped his fingers and a tiny square box which lied on a small stand next to the door, quivered. The top slid open to reveal a sensor. You need Lucifer's hand print for the black doors to open.

Wow.

Impressed, I must say.

A snap of fingers to get the box open and a hand print to get the doors open. He was very enthusiastic for some reason. I had never seen him so hyper about anything. Well, I did not expect anything beyond his surly nature, his cut out attitude and arrogance. I liked him like that and I loved him like this. He seems more alive and natural. There are no barriers to stop me from seeing what stays beyond his facade.

He grinned and came to stand behind me as the black doors opened slowly. I peeped inside but all I could see was darkness. Before I could make out anything further, he covered my eyes with his hands.

"Hey! What?" I complained.

He chuckled, "Surprise"

I started giggling too. It had been a very long time since some one surprised me. All I received were shocks. I tried to ignore the bad memories. Nothing should matter now. Past should not interrupt your present and future.

"What are you going to show me?" I smiled.

"Patience, Sasha. Wait...wait..."

He warned me not to open my eyes before he removed his hands and left. I was left standing in the room with my eyes closed, no idea what he was going to show me. I trusted him enough to know he means no harm. But my stupid heart still did not come to terms with the fact that not everything in life is bad. There are just bad times which disappear like passing clouds.

There was a small commotion and I was very close to opening my eyes when Lucifer warned me not to. I sighed and folded my hands to my chest, tapping my feet impatiently. I waited for him to get me whatever he wanted to show.

After eons of wait, he spoke.

"Open your eyes, ma'am"

And I did.