1~ The Bet*

I'd woken up to my alarm clock screaming next to my ear. I contemplated having to hit snooze but decided against it, after I'd noticed it would continuously be shut off, and I'd eventually be late to school. I had stood up from my bed and headed over to my closet, picking out an outfit, and setting it on my bed gently.

I then headed to open the door to my bedroom, which opened by itself, I immediately frowned as my sister stared back at me with an apologetic look.

"I know you prefer when I knock but I need a ride to school. Mom left and Dad is still working from last night. I have an hour to get myself, and twelve dozen cupcakes to the school for student council reelection." She spoke in a calm manner.

"I still haven't showered or eaten," I spoke while rubbing my tired eyes.

"Don't worry about breakfast, I got it covered. It's almost done actually. All you have to do is get in that shower and I'll take care of the rest." She smiled.

"Okay, I'll rush then." I said while heading over toward our hallway closet and grabbing a fresh towel, heading to the bathroom, and closing the door.

I could hear some keys jingle and the sound of a double 'beep'. She's probably packing her cupcakes in the car. I thought to myself while stepping into the shower and turning the handle toward the warmer water.

I finally finished and was fully awake, the towel was secured around my body, and I grabbed my toothbrush slapping on some toothpaste and brushing my teeth. Just then there was a light knock on the door.

"Yes?" I asked through the foamy toothpaste filling my mouth.

"Your breakfast is out, what did you want to drink?" I heard my sister ask.

"Orange Juice!" I struggled to get out as I continued to brush my teeth.

"Okay!" She spoke back and the last thing I heard were her receding footsteps. I'd finished brushing my teeth and headed back into my room and put on my underwear, and the clothes that I'd placed on my bed. I looked at myself in the mirror. The  grabbed my own book-bag and phone, and headed downstairs.

"And here you go, one pancake and scrambled eggs with cheese on top." My younger sister spoke while sliding the plate over to me.

"Thank you," I smiled while digging in.

"Did you already pack your cupcakes in the car?" I asked and she nodded. Soon after I finished and her phone pinged.

"Seems like Sofia is already waiting for me." She spoke.

"She's super nice, I'm glad you're friends with her. You two are positive influences on each other." I smiled while grabbing my book bag and slinging it over my shoulder and headed outside as she followed me.

"I feel like her relationship with Camila is why I can tolerate you, really."

"Are you saying that if it weren't for Sof being your friend, we'd have a sibling rivalry?" I asked, unlocking the car, and getting in.

"Y/N, thats exactly what I'm saying."

"Jas, I'm the best sister in the world!" I said while starting the engine and backing out.

"I feel like other people have the best sister in the world and I just got stuck with you. But I learned to love you either way." Jasper admitted while sticking out her tongue.

"Would you prefer walking to school?" I asked her.

"No! It's a fifteen minute walk and only a five minute drive." Jasper said as she suddenly seemed to remember something, she grabbed a pin out of her book bag and pinned it on her shirt.